Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice for my sis

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:07 PM
  • 10 Replies

My sis just gave birth 4-28. I believe her dd has her day and nights mixed up. I have two kids and never had this problem.. What do I tell her to try to get the baby on a normal day/night routine? She is tryin to BF also

Thanks Ladies in advance

by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charmgirl
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2010 at 8:15 PM

i def. thought that was normal for a baby that young. there were def. no days or night involved for me and my son the first few weeks of his life. it was strictly eating sleeping and pooping, that was every 3 hours. and when babies are breastfed, their bodies digest breastmilk faster/easier than formula, so they are usually ready to eat sooner than a formula fed baby.

elleinad
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Baby is brand new -- follow baby's schedule, always. They eventually figure it out.

karischub
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:18 PM

As previously posted, just let her know that it won't be like this forever. As her little one grows the time between feedings will get longer and she'll be able to get back to a more normal schedule.

3jaysmama
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Time!  Lol!

shoegirl01
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:04 PM

The baby is only a few days old, I'd say give it a few weeks until you start to change.  THen, at about a month or two, I started to wake DS up more in teh day.  Worked like a charm...

dosthepost
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Quoting elleinad:

Baby is brand new -- follow baby's schedule, always. They eventually figure it out.

Austin Levi is on his way!

baby growth

CafeMom Tickers

Mom_since06
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:58 PM

both my boyts got thier days and nights mixed up...it happens because in the womb they are more active at night.tell her to try her best to keep the baby up as long as she possibly can during the day if she has to bounce,or whatever to keep the baby up then put the baby down at about 7 or 8 and within a week or so it should get straitened out

Stay at home momstay home momStay at home mom

dwintz2
by on May. 3, 2010 at 7:58 AM

Thanks ladies for your help. I know it takes some time for baby to adjust. She just wanted to know how to start the process of helpin LO. She said babe sleeps really well during the day and not at night. Like I said I didnt have that problem with my two. DD slept thru the night from day one and ds was just a "hold me baby" he was the rough one lol

lulabelle377
by on May. 3, 2010 at 3:01 PM

I also heard to keep it very bright in the house during the day and very dark at night, and to not talk very much at night.  My DD was born with her days and nights switched.  She was about 12 weeks when she finally slept at night for more than 4 hours.  At 8-10 weeks her night time sleeping was 12am to 4am.  Finally got to 10pm to 5am about 14 weeks.  Good luck! 

Mcbride26
by on May. 3, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Tell her to try to keep the baby up doing the day by wakein up the baby so she can get some sleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)