• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my son wont drink water!!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:40 PM
  • 92 Replies

my 7 month old hates water.sometimes we can get him to drink it but mostly its like he knows its water and he wont drink it.he needs to drink it though..what can i do to help him like it and drink it?

Lindsey Johnson :)
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shoegirl01
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Um, hello, the only thing a 7 month old should be drinking is breast milk or formula. 

LillysMama0308
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Quoting shoegirl01:

Um, hello, the only thing a 7 month old should be drinking is breast milk or formula. 

Not really because my DD's pedi told me to start giving her half water and juice in a sippy cup..  So Op just give him half water and half juice, but in all honstly if he doesnt drink water its ok he will when he is older..

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Why does a 7 mo old need water??   Breast milk or formula have enough water in them and that is all he should have to drink. 

lindseyj08
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:49 PM

um hello i didnt ask for a smart answer.

Quoting shoegirl01:

lindseyj08
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:50 PM

thanks.he does drink juice with the water.loves that.i guess i just always "figured" to give him water ya know? idk

Quoting LillysMama0308:

Quoting shoegirl01:

Not really because my DD's pedi told me to start giving her half water and juice in a sippy cup..  So Op just give him half water and half juice, but in all honstly if he doesnt drink water its ok he will when he is older..

shoegirl01
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Yep, at that age, giving anything but is filling them up with no calories.  At this age, they need all they can get.  The only time I've herd of giving water at that age is when the baby is super constipated then you give a little.  But thats it.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Why does a 7 mo old need water??   Breast milk or formula have enough water in them and that is all he should have to drink. 

Having a bad day?  Come vent here WITHOUT the drama of the other groups!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsventing

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

You could add splashes of apple juice to water if you want him to get used to drinking water.  Also experiment with different temperatures.  DD when she was that age only liked ICE cold water.  I personally like my water with a bit of lemon juice.

shoegirl01
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Um, hello, it was a smart answer.  It was the correct answer :)P

Quoting lindseyj08:

um hello i didnt ask for a smart answer.

Quoting shoegirl01:

mamakenzi
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:00 PM

A 7 month old baby DOES NOT NEED WATER, he needs breastmilk or formula.

shoegirl01
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:01 PM

She isn't listening, she is gonna try juice.  Ick.

Hows the weding plans going???  I'm so excited to hear all about it!  Are you moving directly after?

Quoting mamakenzi:

A 7 month old baby DOES NOT NEED WATER, he needs breastmilk or formula.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)