Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Formula Water

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:14 PM
  • 40 Replies

What do you use?

I boil a big pot of water, then pour it in a pitcher that sits on the counter to be used during the day.   Its portable and sanitary since i do it everyday.

I was wondering what everyone else does?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ljensen09
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:15 PM

that is an awesome idea! never thought of it, i switch between the water in the faucet and filtered water

mama_girl07
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:17 PM

i used tap water for both my kids

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 10:18 PM

As long as it is distilled I use it.

KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:24 PM

All 4 of  my kids have always had TAP water in the formula! I was told by their doctor that as long as it is not well water then it was safe to use. You do not have to boil water! If it's safe enough for you to drink yourself, then it's just fine for them!

sahm_of_rj
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:26 PM

We have a filter attachment on our sink so I filtered it that way.   :)

LillysMama0308
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:32 PM

I used to buy bottle water to use for my DD for her formula.. LOL I dont know I never could trust tab water lol..

emmiesmommy1109
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:36 PM

I use tap. We have a filter but the light stopped coming on so I don't know if it even works anymore. Before it would blink green when you switched it to the filter if the filter was good, orange for semi-ok condition and red for when it's time for a new filter. So, not really sure if I should use it. So I don't. I've never heard anything before about not using tap water for bottles. I've seen the "baby water" in stores but never really thought about why they even have it.

ProudMom093083
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:39 PM

I always just put the formula in the bottle, poured warm tap water into it, and shook it and served it that way.  We have a water purifier and I never worried about having to boil water or use a special kind of water.  It always worked fine for us and my son always drank his formula.

Emily and Dwane 9-22-07   Miles 11-19-08

The Kind of Mother I Am

Formula-feeding, disposable-diapering, babyproofing, pro-epidural, SIDS-awareness-promoting, non-co-sleeping, vaccinating stay at home mom!

I love my husband.  I love my son.  They are the greatest blessings in my life.

bbmkfo03
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:49 PM

My doc said no tap always use nursery water. My cousin's doc told her to start using tap b/c her ds was 8 months old. It's confusing!!

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 10:50 PM

tap water

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)