Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

She is teething... what to do about it.

Posted by on May. 23, 2010 at 6:11 PM
  • 19 Replies

She is 4 months old and she fuss alot when she is feeling bad about the teething issue. I give her teeth ring and it good for awhile and then she starts fussingagain. Is there anything beside the teething ring that I can give her. I want to give her baby orajel but the doctor says it is too early for that. What can I do to make her feel better?

by on May. 23, 2010 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aetrom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:54 AM

at that age there isn't much you ca n do. you can give a little tylenol, I would recommend giving something ONLY at nighttime. um, you can give a washcloth that you put in the fridge to be cold. that seemed to have a lot of help for my littlest who broke his first 2 teeth at 5 months.

MayaRuby
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:59 AM

I was going to suggest a cold washcloth. 

Quoting aetrom:

at that age there isn't much you ca n do. you can give a little tylenol, I would recommend giving something ONLY at nighttime. um, you can give a washcloth that you put in the fridge to be cold. that seemed to have a lot of help for my littlest who broke his first 2 teeth at 5 months.

AnaMirian
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:26 PM

When my kids was teething, I gave them humpries that were pallets. I would have two drops of nursey water and 5 pallets and crash them until they desolve. I would rubbed it to their gums and let them drink it. It's true works for my kids.

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Homeopathic teething tablets and tylenol.

sidneyb
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Hylands teething tablets were a life saver for me.you can get them at dollar general
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
belindah
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:13 AM
I did the cold wash cloth and teething tablets
kali_mom
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I actually took whole cloves and wrapped them in cheese cloth and let my children gnaw on it. Of course check with your doctor before offering this or any other medicine. Hang in there!
cookingmomma790
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:05 AM
I love the teething Tablets they are all natural... also if you look on amazon they have these teething necklaces the kids wear that is supposed to be helpful I never used them but I have talked to people and they love them http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-CureTM-Teething-Necklace/dp/B004J1QNFW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365087903&sr=8-1&keywords=teething+necklace
MommyofSCC
by Crystall on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I would also try an amber teething necklace.  They work wonders

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)