Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

opinions on children in beauty pageants?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:14 AM
  • 3 Replies

I want to sign my little 6 year old girl in her first beauty pageant, but i'm not sure that its a good idea to introduce her into such a grown-up buisness at such a young age. She really wants to do it as well.
Moms, what should I do? What are your opinions on children in beauty pageants?
Thank you!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kgsharber
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2010 at 2:28 AM

I would say go with your instincts. If you think it will really have benefits for her (not you) then do it, if you think it's not a great idea then don't. I personally say give it a try. Do 2 or 3 and if she loves it, keep going. If she hates it then stop.

HeartsLove
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:35 AM

I think that something fun like that every now and then is fine, when the child isn't being altered in any way (makeup, false teeth or hair, fake tans, etc.). I also think that the parents who put their kids into pageants and alter their looks in order to win, and to provide some of their family's income, is wrong. Those little girls that look like adults are flat out creepy, and I mean that in the nicest way. It just doesn't look natural... Also, I think a child needs to have great self-esteem and to see it as a fun thing, so they're not torn apart if they don't win.

mamakenzi
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:55 AM

I put my 2 year old in a natural pageant.  It was just for fun, I see nothing wrong with that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)