Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wish upon a hero - Asking u all for prayers

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:45 AM
  • 26 Replies

I just wrote up what I need for my kids in the way of carseats on wish upon a hero.com. Please say a prayer that someone will decide to help us.

As for the clothing, I am looking into every single idea all of u had. Tomorrow I am heading to the dollar store to check out things like socks, and bras, pullups, and wipes. On Saturday morning I am going to check all the used stores! And as for the perm I was praying for, I found out there is a beauty school here! I could get a color, perm AND a cut for $0, if I go to the school on Wednesday. The guy said the instructor will be there ensuring nothing goes wrong so I don't end up with blue frizzy hair or something. And I found a lady on craigslist selling a really nice purse for $5. I am considering that. It is nice no rips or stains or anything, is $5 a good price for a nice big used purse? Everything may be working out 100% here.

But I need prayers if u will pray that I get these carseats. And for the record, my kids have carseats right now, they will just be growing out of them soon.

One lady already responded to me on wishuponahero.com. All she could offer was a prayer but I am very greatful for it! All the prayers count! Thank you.quietMaybe dreams will come true?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:45 AM
Replies (1-10):
MomLovey
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:03 AM

And if u want to be mean go and be mean to someone else. I am just asking for prayers.

heathermichelle
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:28 PM

I read your wish upon a hero. someone was willing to help you with car seats but can't help you until your kids outgrow their old ones, Why can't you just wait? Your kids still fit the requirements on their old seats.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 24, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Aw Bless you.  You go girl!!!!  

MomLovey
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:03 PM

They r two hrs away and need to size my kids to the seats b4 they give them to us. I dont have anything safe to drive them 2 hrs away if they r over the limits which they said they need to be or wont help thats why

lovinmommy0f3
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Praying for you!  If you go to Goodwill all of there purses are $2.50, kids clothing $1.60-$2.40, womens clothing $3-$5.89, shoes $2.40-$4.60  I know because I shop there all the time!  Look on line for La Leche League in your area or your local health department, safe kids coalition for discounted or free car seats. Good luck to you!

MeGirl04049
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Right here,, Starting out this way in your post, IS NOT going to help you receive honest caring help, advise, responses. Before anyone replied You became defensive.

Quoting MomLovey:

And if u want to be mean go and be mean to someone else. I am just asking for prayers.

heathermichelle
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Why are their current seats not safe?

Quoting MomLovey:

They r two hrs away and need to size my kids to the seats b4 they give them to us. I dont have anything safe to drive them 2 hrs away if they r over the limits which they said they need to be or wont help thats why

MeGirl04049
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Quoting MomLovey:

and THIS, this is just in all honesty an excuse. You can find SOME way to get there. if it is of Dire need, ANY MOM would find a way to get done what needs to be done. people arent going to offer to GIVE you something free, then drive out of their way to give it to you. Its your responsibility to find a way to get it THEN be SOOOO thankful someone did it since in this day in age its almost impossible for ANYONE to make it day to day. THIS makes me feel like you just give constant sob stories to get poor me attention. Its WRONG to bring the needs of children into someones need for their own attention. Im not being mean, I PROMISE, just want you to SEE, what your posts look like. You cant have cake and eat it too as they say, you have to put effort in besides sitting on your tush and making a profile on freecycle. Im there too, but you have to come and go to trade things. Its not just handed out, nothing is anymore. Stop crying over yourself, get a backbone, get off your ass, and help yourself cause NO ONE can help you if YOU dont want to help yourself first.

thekayk
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Will do praying

tnbjbeams444
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:42 PM

I dont understand. Yu cant find a way to drive 2 hours away but can go how far to see your parents?? I was really going to try and help but really??????????????

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)