Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Book suggestion for grad gift (for BaileynMe)

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:09 PM
  • 6 Replies

Heya, I wasn't sure if I could say a particular person's name in the title, so if I'm not supposed to, sorry!  If it is ok, then I hope you catch this post.  Thanks for the Ramon Noodle book suggestion.  My older son just graduated high school, loves Ramon noodles and is getting ready to move out and move closer to his university campus (boo hoo hoo, sniffle, snotty snort, waaah!).  I'm getting out today and getting this cookbook for him. THANKS!!!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Bmat
by Barb on May. 24, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Congratulations on his graduation and on the next stage in his life, and yours. I sympathize with the sad feelings.  But it is an exciting time for him, and he'll be back, if only to get laundry done maybe.LOL!  I didn't know there was a Ramon noodle recipe book.

okhsmom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Quoting Bmat:

Congratulations on his graduation and on the next stage in his life, and yours. I sympathize with the sad feelings.  But it is an exciting time for him, and he'll be back, if only to get laundry done maybe.LOL!  I didn't know there was a Ramon noodle recipe book.

Thanks for the kind words.  I didn't know about the book ever.  The mom in the title line mentioned it in another post.  It was a serious post so I didn't want to hijack it, wanted to start a new post. 

edit-I have a guestroom now-yippee!

Bmat
by Barb on May. 24, 2010 at 12:27 PM

LOL about the guestroom.  I have a computer room and a guest room (2 children who have moved out into their own places.) 

Quoting okhsmom:

Quoting Bmat:

Thanks for the kind words.  I didn't know about the book ever.  The mom in the title line mentioned it in another post.  It was a serious post so I didn't want to hijack it, wanted to start a new post. 

edit-I have a guestroom now-yippee!

elly25
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:31 PM

If he likes to read get him the Eragon books. They rock! If he's learning to cook and is on a collage budget. How about getting him a budget cook book. That way he'll be able to have nice meals at cost.

BaileynMe
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Lol you're welcome!

I don't think it's in the rules anywhere that you can't put a member's name in the post, but you CAN send a private message to someone instead, just to keep the boards clear. Go up to the upper left corner of the screen and there's a Messages link; type in the member's name, your message, then press send, and voila! Btw, didn't bother me at all that my name was in the title. :-)

BaileynMe
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:36 PM

http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?type=0&catalogId=10001&simple=1&defaultSearchView=List&keyword=101+ramen&LogData=[search%3A+16%2Cparse%3A+22]&searchData={productId%3Anull%2Csku%3Anull%2Ctype%3A0%2Csort%3Anull%2CcurrPage%3A1%2CresultsPerPage%3A25%2CsimpleSearch%3Atrue%2Cnavigation%3A0%2CmoreValue%3Anull%2CcoverView%3Afalse%2Curl%3Arpp%3D25%26view%3D2%26all_search%3D101%2Bramen%26type%3D0%26nav%3D0%26simple%3Dtrue%2Cterms%3A{all_search%3D101+ramen}}&storeId=13551&sku=1586857355&ddkey=http:SearchResults

Sorry the link is so long, but that's the book I actually bought for my brother. :-) That's at the Borders bookstore website.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)