Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can swimming do this?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:35 PM
  • 15 Replies

Over the weekend I swam a lot. Now my lower stomach hurts, like constant cramps and if I move fast it is really painful. Is this from swimming? I am not used to swimming so much in a short period.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rpowers12
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Not sure. Was it in a pool or pond? If it was in a pond then maybe its a bug you picked up in the water. If it feels like muscle pain then it could very well be from swimming.

paranoiacomplex

Yeah that could do it.  espcially if you're not used to it. Swimming uses a lot of muscle power including your abs.  Do your arms hurt too?  My arms usually get sore after swimming a lot.

BaileynMe

I dunno; you could've just overworked muscles you don't normally do and now they're protesting, lol.

If the pain is really bad though, or increases in severity, I'd say it was something else entirely and you might wanna get it checked out if it doesn't start to abate or go away entirely within a few days.

jennypinfargo
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:40 PM

I don't know however I kind of have the same thing!!  We swam all weekend (I haven't swam since last summer) and last night and today I have lower stomach pain to like bad period cramps which I NEVER get!  I didn't even think of it having anything to do with the swimming but I guess it could?

JuneWestling
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:42 PM

if you look up on WEBMD.COM and click on your sympotms it will tell you to go to the ER if you move and it hurts worse. 

canthaveboys1
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Quoting rpowers12:

Not sure. Was it in a pool or pond? If it was in a pond then maybe its a bug you picked up in the water. If it feels like muscle pain then it could very well be from swimming.

It was a pool.

canthaveboys1
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Quoting paranoiacomplex:

Yeah that could do it.  espcially if you're not used to it. Swimming uses a lot of muscle power including your abs.  Do your arms hurt too?  My arms usually get sore after swimming a lot.

My arms hurt a bit, but my upper legs hurt bad.

lundaylove
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:49 PM

it sounds like muscle pain and when you swim you use all sorts of muscles. you will hurt for a bit.

canthaveboys1
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Quoting jennypinfargo:

I don't know however I kind of have the same thing!!  We swam all weekend (I haven't swam since last summer) and last night and today I have lower stomach pain to like bad period cramps which I NEVER get!  I didn't even think of it having anything to do with the swimming but I guess it could?

My period is gone, so I just assumed that is what it was.

canthaveboys1
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Quoting lundaylove:

it sounds like muscle pain and when you swim you use all sorts of muscles. you will hurt for a bit.

Yikes. I am really out of shape!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)