Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler...potty training and toddler bed questions!! Please help!!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:30 PM
  • 2 Replies

I have a son who will be 2 next month and he still sleeps in a crib and isn't potty trained. I was wondering when a good time to start potty training him would be? Are there signs he'll give that will let us know he's ready or should i go ahead and try training him anyways? Also he sleeps in a crib still cause we tried him in a toddler bed and he just got out and each morning we found him in the corner of the room sleeping on the floor and he was getting cranky cause he wasn't sleeping good from it. So should we wait for that or keep on putting him in the toddler bed and just waiting for him to stop getting out each night? any help would be great, thanks!

toddler boyJack Wayde 6/07/2008 &baby boyPatrick Christopher 6/15/2009

by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
squidsmommy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:33 PM

If he doesn't climb out of his crib, leave him. Potty training, when he tells you he needs to go or that he did go, if he's taking his diaper off, if he shows interest in the potty, those are all signs. You can try to potty train, but don't stress about it, he won't do it if he's not ready.

Owl_Feather
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:40 PM

my son, 25 months old,  transitioned to a bed when he was 19 months old. He wasnt a climber but he didnt like the confinement of the crib rails anymore. we tested the bed for naptime and he did great, we tested that evening and he did great, so we just went with it. He gets up a lot easier now, and he also end up asleep on the floor if he gets up, but we are working on that. We are currently working on potty training him. we are on day 8! So far tons of accidents, but he goes pee in the potty (no poop yet). PT was also child-led. he started coming up to me and SO saying "ewww" or "uh oh" when he was about to go. Acknowledging when they are about to go is a good sign of readiness. he also has good bladder control after naps. He wears underwear all day to increase sensitivity and he will now say "pee pee" instead of "uh oh" or "eww" when he is about to go. He's getting better at holding it in till we make it to the bathroom lol. He prefers his potty over the potty ring. I let him pick the potty and his own underwear. we use a sticker reward chart and I also give hand him a sticker, which he puts on his potty. for outings and naps he wears cloth training pants. he wears a diaper overnight for now, but we'll ditch those soon because the absorbancy of the diaper only confused him.

The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the Earth

----Chief Seattle

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)