Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ewww, drunk people

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:20 PM
  • 32 Replies

We have a huge music festival in our YARD once every summer. It's cool because we both like music. We don't, however, like alcohol and drunks. I would rather surround myself with smokers than drunks any day of the week. Because it's a 3 day event, these people are going to be camping in our yard. It's going to be packed and we are going to be in the middle of it all. Even though I'm not a party person at all, I'm excited about the music but I am NOT excited about my kids and the drunk freaks that will be in my yard. Plus, I have a huge garden I just put up and the only place that was in the sun, out of the wind, and close to the water source is also the place where the showers and some food stands are going to be. My landlord warned me that the drunks might trample it. . . They sure in hell better not. I'll park a camper right next to it and sit on top of it with a hose and spray the bastards every time they get too close to it. We are putting a high fence around it and for the weekend of the music jam we will be putting some fencing over the top so that they can't throw their beer cans and garbage into it. I have even thought about adding electrical wire around the garden so if they touch it they get shocked. Anyone know anything else I could do so I can protect my kids, my dog, my cat, and my garden from drunks?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
canthaveboys1
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Why is this event in your yard?

Celtic_Dragon
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:25 PM

My landlord owns the property and he puts on the event.

Quoting canthaveboys1:

Owl_Feather
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:28 PM

for the garden, definately make a sign! the fencing is a great idea (not so sure about the electric part, what if someone innocent touches it or an animal?) if your animals can bear it, keep them indoors unless you are outside with them (the dogs might be easier to control though since they can wear leashes) and only near your house. same with the kids...just keep an eye on them. will there be a kiddie area? make some kind of rule: "no alcoholic beverages beyond this point". if they don't like that rule, they can leave or just finish up their beer and come back later. 

.perfection.
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:29 PM

That answers my question.  I was curious how you could afford a music festival if you had a landlord. 

Quoting Celtic_Dragon:

Quoting canthaveboys1:

canthaveboys1
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Oh, damn.

I would do the hose thing. That is crazy! I am giggling right now thinking of you chasing around drunk people with the hose, and spraying them. lol!

I would say an electric fence would be mean, but I would consider it. That will also help them from peeing on your garden.

Put up beware of dog signs, and keep your cat in the house.

Quoting Celtic_Dragon:

Quoting canthaveboys1:

lydi
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:30 PM

if your landlord  does the event then is he responsible for fixing the damage to your garden? i would look into that. 

Zawifey
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Hot Wire!!!

lovinmommy0f3
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:31 PM

You could post no alcohol allowed signs.  Then if someone abuses it you can have them removed by the cops.

Jguevara
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Yes, don't host the event in your yard. Duh!

Celtic_Dragon
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:32 PM

If I put on my own music festival I would NOT have it in my yard, lol!

Quoting .perfection.:

That answers my question.  I was curious how you could afford a music festival if you had a landlord. 

Quoting Celtic_Dragon:

Quoting canthaveboys1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)