Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ideas for a graduation gift please!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:42 PM
  • 10 Replies

My son is graduating from kindergarten AND my sister is graduating from college this Thursday. I wanted to get them both something nice but we are on a very tight budget. I feel really bad that we can't afford to throw my sister a graduation party too :-( College is a big deal and I feel like such a loser. Anyways, anyone have any affordable ideas???

by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NEWMOMOF1
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:43 PM

BUMP!

Wistful
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Since money is tight, maybe invite your sister over for dinner and make her a cake? Maybe have the kids all make her a card?
She is your sister and I am sure she understands money is tight.

For your son, if you want to get him a gift, maybe take him to pick out a new backpack for next year? Or give him a gift card and take him to pick something out?

jennypinfargo
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:46 PM

The dr. suess book Oh the Places you will go.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 24, 2010 at 4:47 PM

A Subway card! Lunch is always awesome lol!

lovinmommy0f3
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:47 PM

I always give cash typically $20.00 beause money is tight for us too.  Are you crafty so you could make her something sentimental.  Or maybe a photo collage of her/family through out the years or even edit together a slide show and add music to it!

AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 24, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Quoting Wistful:

Since money is tight, maybe invite your sister over for dinner and make her a cake? Maybe have the kids all make her a card?
She is your sister and I am sure she understands money is tight.

For your son, if you want to get him a gift, maybe take him to pick out a new backpack for next year? Or give him a gift card and take him to pick something out?

teachmichele825
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Quoting jennypinfargo:

For BOTH! I have both received this after my college graduation and we are giving it to our kindergarten and preschoo students for their graduation!

mbrackett
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Ha, I was just going to recommend this.  My ex SIL got me this book and I loved it. 

Quoting jennypinfargo:

saram182
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:21 PM

If you go to the link below, you will be able to create a free photo book.  You can fill the photo book up with all types of school related pictures of you and your sister starting with a picture you have from her first day of school.  The last picture can be a more recent one or a picture from graduation.  She'll appreciate the time that went into creating the photo book and be impressed with the way it comes out.

http://www.smilebooks.com/special-offer.php

MarShy740
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:30 PM

You can always get a gift card from Walmart or u can her her a suitcase or something that has to due with her carrer...And for him u can alway take him to Mcdonalds Kids always love that lol one with a playplace!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)