Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it odd....

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:56 PM
  • 21 Replies

...That my son is 6 1/2 months old and still needs to be swaddled to fall asleep?  The little monkey kicks the blankie off while alseep, but I can not for the life of me get him to fall alseep without one.  How long did your kiddo need swaddled, if you swaddled them at all?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teachmichele825
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:57 PM

I did't swaddle. But if its what he wants, then it would be what he gets if its my baby.

trist22
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Neither one of my boys needed swaddling for very long. To this day neither one of them like to sleep with covers either.

teachmichele825
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Peyton wants to be held to be put to sleep at night. I hold/rock him every single night. He is 18 months old. Never too old for extra lovin'

canthaveboys1
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:59 PM

I didnt swaddle, my kids liked to have their feet out. lol!

paranoiacomplex
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Quoting teachmichele825:

I did't swaddle. But if its what he wants, then it would be what he gets if its my baby.

lol I certainly don't mind.  If he wants his blankie he can have it.  I was just curious if  anyone else's baby needed swaddled this long or longer...I to this day can not sleep without a blanket covering me either...even if it's 90 degrees out.

mom2mandjax
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:00 PM

My DD was about a year old when we stopped swaddling her. DS is 6 mo and he still gets "burrito-ized"

paranoiacomplex
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Quoting mom2mandjax:

My DD was about a year old when we stopped swaddling her. DS is 6 mo and he still gets "burrito-ized"

lol ah yes, the baby burrito!  I call mine a little papoose since my hubs is part native.

lilay
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:02 PM

As soon as my kids could escape their swaddle I put them into Halo sleep sacks. It keeps them nice and comfy. My daughter wore one until she was a little over 2 and in her big girl bed and could stay covered. My son (1 year old) still wears one and is still in his crib. If I lay him down for a nap without one he wakes up a lot sooner than when I put him down with one on. 

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2010 at 5:02 PM

I don't think so.  I swaddled my son WELL past that age.  Only for naps though.  At night I could get him down unswaddled at around 6 or 7 months old.  But he was swaddled for his naps until he was over a year old!  He just wouldn't nap any other way, and he wasn't (and still isn't) a great sleeper to begin with, so anyway I could get him to nap, I took it.

LokisMama
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Mine never liked being swaddled, even though we tried with both of them.  We just ended up having to dress them at night for bed, because both of them would wake up to kick the blankets off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)