Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom is mad at me......

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:57 PM
  • 46 Replies

My daughter plays softball, her first game is this Thursday. My mom called me today and asked if I was going to my sisters 8th grade graduation, it is This Thursday at 6:00pm. The game starts at 5:45pm and the graduation is an hour away. I told her I have to go to Adriannas first game. She got all mad because I said I was going to Adriannas game, but we are going to th bf's brothers graduation on Sunday. We got the invite for that 2 months ago. It wasnt a last minute thing, its also on a Sunday.

She is also mad because she asked us if we wanted to go to St. Louis this weekend, get a hotel and do a lot of things. We already had plans. She has no car, and I cant just crap the money this would take. We are saving and planning a trip over the summer to do this. It bothers me to go anywhere with my mom because she doesnt get along with my 2 middle children. My 8 y/o is special needs and she doesnt know a damn thing about it. She doesnt care to learn. She jsut thinks Paige is a pain in the ass.

Before you bash away please note that she has not been to one single birthday party for my kids in 3 years because of my sisters activities. (Just wanted to put that out there) I am not just being spiteful.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elleinad
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:58 PM

It's 8th grade, not high school. Sheeshus. They have a graduation for everything. Next up are period parties.

Tell mom to suck it.

canthaveboys1
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Quoting elleinad:

It's 8th grade, not high school. Sheeshus. They have a graduation for everything. Next up are period parties.

Tell mom to suck it.

Well I would like to go, but I cant disappoint my kid kwim? If I was free I would go. She just pisses me off. I just went to her confirmation party last month, and nobody said boo about the graduation.

paranoiacomplex
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Quoting elleinad:

Tell mom to suck it.

lol agreed...your mom seems to have mass communication problems.  If she wants to do crap with you tell her you need advance notice or you won't be able to make the plans.

-PB
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Quoting elleinad:

Tell mom to suck it.

That's what I would do. 

canthaveboys1
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Quoting paranoiacomplex:

Quoting elleinad:

Tell mom to suck it.

lol agreed...your mom seems to have mass communication problems.  If she wants to do crap with you tell her you need advance notice or you won't be able to make the plans.

That is what I said. not everyone in the world waits till the last minute......just her.

skinsfan26
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:04 PM

that sucks but your kid's activities come first in my opinion.

canthaveboys1
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Quoting skinsfan26:

that sucks but your kid's activities come first in my opinion.

that is what I am saying. I am not going to disappoint my kid. I told her that I would go to her hs graduation so she better have one. lol!  

El4Equality
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:07 PM

You have every right to be annoyed and she has no justification for her anger. Your daughter's first softball game should take precedence over an engagement for your sister.   She can't expect you to be available at the last minute and she also can't expect you to have the financial resources to go on spear of the moment mini vacations.. especially, if you'll be footing most of her bill.   Sounds to me like she is a deadbeat Grandma.  Don't put up with her nonsense.

Hearts_n_Stars
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:07 PM

very selfish.. you have plans, that's it.. no notice, no attendance..

liltinymommy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:11 PM

EXACTLY!!!!

Quoting elleinad:

Tell mom to suck it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)