Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

another zofran question....

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:01 PM
  • 6 Replies

So I mentioned before in another post about me having this terrible sickness, morning, afternoon, night or whenever it feels like it needs to happen....I am on zofran, the generic ofcourse, 8mg, but I am still getting sick in the afternoons, like today, I took the zofran right when I got up at 9:00 and it's now 5:59 in the afternoon and I just threw up about 15 mins ago...So im wondering if it's ok to take 2 zofrans...?? Even tho the pack says just take one, I was not this sick during my first pregnancy and I was just on 4mg of zofran before and it worked so great! So what should I do..?? Im just tired of eating, and then 20 mins later, feeling so sick, and then throwing up...=/ it's the most horrible feeling!!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lovinmyboys...
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2010 at 6:03 PM

I would NOT take two.  Ask your doctor before you take more mgs. than you are supposed to.  You may be developing a tolerance for it.

CarolinaMom2006
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

I would NOT take two.  Ask your doctor before you take more mgs. than you are supposed to.  You may be developing a tolerance for it.

Your probably right, I just feel soooo terrible!! :(

lundaylove
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:05 PM

i took 2 a day, one in the morning one in the evening.. if anything, take half in the morning half in the afternoon and see if that helps. but my sickness was so bad i took the full 16mg a day of Zofran, not generic form

CarolinaMom2006
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Quoting lundaylove:

i took 2 a day, one in the morning one in the evening.. if anything, take half in the morning half in the afternoon and see if that helps. but my sickness was so bad i took the full 16mg a day of Zofran, not generic form

Yeah I could try taking half but with my sickness I dont think the half is going to be strong enough in the mornings, and with the generic, I think it only goes up too 8mg =/

Luvmylilmonkies
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I have my script for every 4-6 hrs as needed for nausea/vomiting, but everyone's doctors are different. DO NOT take more than prescribed unless you clear it w/ your OBGYN first.

lundaylove
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Quoting CarolinaMom2006:

Quoting lundaylove:

Yeah I could try taking half but with my sickness I dont think the half is going to be strong enough in the mornings, and with the generic, I think it only goes up too 8mg =/

talk to your ob. theyll most likely have you take more than one tab (8+8=16mg)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)