Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mitro valve prolapse and Novocane PIOG

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:33 PM
  • 9 Replies

I recently went to the dentist to get a root canal done, I was givin three shots of novocane and I also have mitro valve prolapse I was wondering has anyone exeripainced heart palputations and shaking with both?  I've had the palpuations two other times two years ago when a I was loaded on both sides of my face with Novacane to get my wisdom teeth removed and one other time on  5/16/10 when I went to the ER for the same tooth that was causing me pain from infection and I got one full shot of Marcane. Does anyone know whats going on and why this would be happening now? If you have mirtovalve prolapse and had this happen what was the end result?

P.S. I've called the doctor I'm waiting for a call back.

I've been on antibioctics for over a week for infections, and I've been cleared for no antibiotics becuase I have no surgery done on my heart.

CafeMom Tickers

My son is like candy, too sweet and all mine. smile

by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BaileynMe
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:39 PM

bump!

HeartsLove
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:55 PM

IDK but my DD has CHD and has to have the cardiologist clear her to see the dentist

Luvmylilmonkies
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:03 PM

If you have mitral valve prolapse, the dentist is supposed to give you a script for antibiotics prior to any dental procedure. This would prevent or discourage the side effects you experienced.

TemptMagick7
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Quoting Luvmylilmonkies:

If you have mitral valve prolapse, the dentist is supposed to give you a script for antibiotics prior to any dental procedure. This would prevent or discourage the side effects you experienced.

I have MVP, I get palpations a few times a week. I had dental work done last year, they first had me on antibiotics for two weeks prior to getting two wisdom teeth pulled. They gave me novacane and it did not have any abnormal side affect for me.

Luvmylilmonkies
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Quoting TemptMagick7:

Quoting Luvmylilmonkies:

I have MVP, I get palpations a few times a week. I had dental work done last year, they first had me on antibiotics for two weeks prior to getting two wisdom teeth pulled. They gave me novacane and it did not have any abnormal side affect for me.

Yeah, my Gpa was a dentist for 52yrs. I worked for him for quite some time and he ALWAYS made sure we worked on MVP patients after at least 3 days of having antibiotics in their system. If there was an emergency, he would give them the 1st dose and have them come back after lunch. They also had to sign a waiver... it's so risky.

*I had an abortion 9 years ago and it's the only regret I have in my life. Read my personal experience with abortion in my journal. Feel free to leave a comment.
*If you regret your abortion, join Abortion Regret:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/48828 
*Hear about other women's abortion experiences here:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/7508

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2010 at 8:18 PM

BUMP!

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2010 at 2:24 PM

BUMP!

okhsmom
by on May. 25, 2010 at 4:28 PM

How are you feeling today? 

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Quoting okhsmom:

How are you feeling today? 

I felt fine within 3 hours of getting the novocane
, it was just those three hours of wanting to do a lot of things almost like a panaic attack.

CafeMom Tickers

My son is like candy, too sweet and all mine. smile

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)