Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This isn't part of being a mom *UPDATE IN BLUE*

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:32 PM
  • 31 Replies

Okay so my DD is 18 months old. I know that being a parent wears you out. But that isn't what this is. Please let me explain.

Well, I go to sleep for 10 hours, and wake up. STILL NO ENERGY. Force myself to get done what I need to do, and then take a 3 hour nap...wake up...and STILL NO ENERGY!

I would really like to lose some weight but by the time I get all the necessary stuff done for everyone, I basically crash. I know that I have a history of anemia and that I need lots of iron. I take Iron pills but they don't seem to be working. After my nap today, I changed the baby, and almost fell back asleep on the floor.

I need some advice as to what to do. I don't currently have insurance so going to see a doctor really isn't an option. Is there any iron-rich, energy-rich, and healthy foods that I can eat to help with it? I can't handle energy drinks. All the sugar makes me SO SICK to my stomach that I'm worse off than I was before.

My bf just thinks i'm lazy. But i'm not. I have so much that I have to do...and sooooo much more that I WANT to do. I just can't find the energy to do it. I push and push and push myself but I can only do sooooo much.

HELP?!?

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

SO I went to the hospital today. I fell over at work when keeling over in pain from passing large blood clots. I thought I started my period last night, however, when not passing blood clots, i'm only spotting. I told them about my extreme exhaustion and they ran tests on almost everything. I'm not pregnant, not miscarrying, my thyroid is fine, and a bunch of other thoughts that they could come up with. They sent me home with dysmenorrhea which basically means bad period. They gave me an antibiotic for a minor UTI and 800mg Ibuprofen for the pain. And then Vicodin if the ibuprofen doesn't work. But they can't find a reason for me to be so drowsy all the time. They told me to find a good multi vitamin and see an OB to look for endometriosis. But really, no results. So it sucks.

I am:  newly pro ERFing to the max, formula feeding (I couldn't otherwise), spanking, let her CIO when necessary, work full time and go to school but still make time for my child, pro-vaxing, educated, single young mom, and my beautiful little girl is my world.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BaileynMe
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Mono will wear you out like that. So will depression.

armyngwife08
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:34 PM

i have the same problem. Sleep is all I want to do becuase i am sooo tired...but of course i can't so i just stay kinda crabby...(history of anemia too...)

katiebug840204
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:35 PM

maybe u are suffereing PPD.  Look into that.  It has all kinds of symptoms and everyone is different.  I had it with all 3 of my children.  REALLY bad with my 1st baby.

TemptMagick7
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:37 PM

anemia, lack of vitamin d and b, a thyroid problem or hormone balance could cause you to be tired all the time

LilGina
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:37 PM

you can buy actual iron pills from the store

Rae-Rae_Kitty
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:38 PM

if you want to try an energy drink, try AMP sugar free. It's got lots of vitamins and mineral, but hardly any carbs.

However. I agree with BaileynMe. It could be depression. It could even be post partum depression, even if you didn't have it right after having the baby. I urge you to look in the phone book for mental health clinics that cahrge on a sliding scale.

Good luck, momma

momto3girls0620
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:38 PM

raisins are full of iron ..also sleeping ten hours at a time is probably making you more tired and groggy ..try cutting back to eight hours a night and see if that helps...

i have been anemic my whole life..i know how tiring it can be..it seems like the littlest thing can wear you out

also try a multivitamin ..

the pp is right though depression can cause the same worn out tired feeling as anemia ..def talk to your dr as soon as you can ((hugs))

Jaidamom03
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:40 PM
I would lean towards a thyroid problem. I was like that for a long time and I had a thyroid issue. If you go to a public hospital they can't deny u care and it can be as simple as blood work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wistful
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:41 PM

You should take B-12 vitamins. They give you energy without having the gittery feeling. Also, if you can get out or get some excercise of some sort (walk the baby etc) that will also help. Or even clean a room in your house top to bottom. Something to take your mind off the feeling of sleepiness.

BabyDollMama
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Try just eating a lot of veggies. Greasy, fatty and junk foods really slow you down. I know from experience. Haha. The healthier you eat, the more energy you have. Plus the veggies will help you with your iron. And don't boil or steam the veggies if you don't have to. That takes a lot of the nutrients out. Try having some broccoli or cauliflower with some ranch. Yuuuuumy :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)