Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

re-gifting....

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:24 PM
  • 11 Replies

you have one....

you don't need one....

you hate it.....

any reason in this day and age not to re-gift something?

Would you?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BaileynMe
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:25 PM

I'd be more likely to sell it or return it, for the money to use on something else, but if I had a friend who I knew was looking for that item I'd consider regifting as long as the item was new, not used, and not personalized or anything like that.

DawnPratt23
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:37 PM
It's like the dreaded fruit cake, tacky and cheap. I'd rather get nothing than someone's cast outs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on May. 24, 2010 at 9:38 PM

If the item is nice and would be better appreciated by someone else, then I regift. Only if it is something that I might have bought for the person.

dosthepost
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Idk... When we had my DD's baby shower, I got a lot of stuff I didn't need, or doubles. I did regift those, at my SIL's shower... they were brand spankin new, ON her registry, only this way I didn't have to buy them. 

MedicMommyAnne
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:41 PM

I haven't but I don't see a problem if it is brand new and nothing wrong with it, like if you got 2 of the same ones as gifts

karischub
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:42 PM

I regift, craigslist, and freecycle. If you don't want it and someone else may need it...Why let it gather dust?

wendy1978
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I would.

sarahbearamommy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:43 PM

lol i would, why not? unless they would know or have some way of easily finding out.. but be smart about who youre regifting to and do it! haha

karenax
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2010 at 9:25 AM

My MIL  regifted one of the gifts I gave her to me. It had a sticky dust residue on the top. I thought it was funny. My SIL once gave a shirt I think was from closet. I have always been a small and she know it. It was a hidiously ugly shirt XL but it was her style of shirts that she normally wears.

BaileynMe
by on May. 25, 2010 at 9:47 AM
Yeah those are definitely both regifting fails.

Quoting karenax:

My MIL  regifted one of the gifts I gave her to me. It had a sticky dust residue on the top. I thought it was funny. My SIL once gave a shirt I think was from closet. I have always been a small and she know it. It was a hidiously ugly shirt XL but it was her style of shirts that she normally wears.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)