Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My conscious is getting me

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:31 AM
  • 9 Replies

On the way to work today I stopped and bought gas. I picked up a pack of cigs and 2 bottles of gatored and rushed to the counter because I was running late. Later at work I was going through my wallet and realized I had more money than I should have...I forgot to pay for my gas. Oops!

I looked them up in the phonebook and called them right away to appologize and let them know I'd run over and pay. The girl told me they didn't have a "drive away", even checked in the book.

I KNOW I didn't pay for the gas. Wwyd? Would you go in and insist on paying? It was only $10.03 and I don't even know how they'd ring it up, but I still feel bad because I know it's not paid for.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mamakenzi
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:34 AM

If they didn't catch it after you called them let it go.

Kenzie

Check out my blog: http://macklanddiares.blogspot.com

Join us on Advice for Moms -- Group Mod

dusky_rose
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:36 AM

You could go there and explain again and see what they say. Then at least you tried.

Click image above to join Motivate to Get in Shape!

Kenre
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Wow. Think yourself lucky, I guess... I'd still pay for it, but only because I can't live with myself if I didn't.

paranoiacomplex
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:38 AM

this:

Quoting mamakenzi:

If they didn't catch it after you called them let it go.

AmirnLexcimom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Why stress it, if the register won't short and show no signs of a drive-off let it be, but if i would have called them and they knew it right away, yes i would kindly pay for it.

Tanya12
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:48 AM

I dont understand how this is even possible..I have heard of it but I dont get it I guess. To pump gas dont you have to insert a credit card? And to pay cash..dont you go inside and tell the teller how much you want on which pump? I dont see how it would even be possible to steal gas, even accidental lol Are some stations different?

LilGina
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:50 AM

yes here you have to pay before you pump

Quoting Tanya12:

I dont understand how this is even possible..I have heard of it but I dont get it I guess. To pump gas dont you have to insert a credit card? And to pay cash..dont you go inside and tell the teller how much you want on which pump? I dont see how it would even be possible to steal gas, even accidental lol Are some stations different?

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Quoting Tanya12:

Yes it depends where you live.  When I first moved to small town and went inside to tell them I needed a pump turned on they looked at me like I was crazy.  They are on you just pay when your done. LOL

OP I would double check after the shift was over and I would talk to Mgr not clerk

lex07
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:27 AM

karma. I would go in and give them the 10 anyways.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)