Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nightmares or what??? PIOG

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:03 AM
  • 4 Replies

So for the last couple of nights my 13 month old has been waking up screaming like he's in pain and I've had to rock him back to sleep wrapped up in a blanket with him and his lovie... Normally he hates falling asleep in your arms he wants to be in bed, so this is odd. Is he in pain, or is he having nightmares? I wish I knew how to fix this for him since we are both losing so much sleep and I babysit a little girl from 7am to 5pm during the week at her house. So neither of us get much rest there either... I don't really know what kind of answers I'm looking for, I just don't know why he's not sleeping through the night anymore...

by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 2:11 AM

One of my sons had night terrors . . . for years.  He'd wake up screaming like he was being murdered.

Yeah, that's really restful.

I hope your son's sleep issues resolve quickly.  Maybe it's just a short, horrible phase?

readingI have four kids.  I've been married 22 years. My favorite color is purple. I hate coffee. I read a lot. I love to go to movies alone. Hot weather makes me crabby. 

armywife9
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:14 AM

It could be what they call Night terrors they usually happen around his age up to about 2ish maybe longer..another thing it could be (im no dr so dont think im talking medically) growing pains cause i have heard that they actually hurt some kids or it could be teething he could be getting his molars already..my nephew is about that age and hes getting his 2 yr molars already.

connietrrll
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:18 AM

I think it is normal at that age to have night terrors. All of my kids did. It is because they are just learning about fear. He should out grow it. If it continues I would talk to his doctor about it.

mamaof3at23
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:23 AM

Well my son did that at his aged too. I think hes teething.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)