Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have 14 days! HELP! *PIOG*

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:28 AM
  • 3 Replies

So I have to go back to work full time on June 14th. That will make Miss Emmie 4 months old. I feel lucky to have been able to stay home this long. Anyhow- She still won't take a bottle really! She plays around with the nipple, takes a couple of swigs then gags or plays some more. This goes on for a looong time. I have spent the night away once and she took the bottles for my mom so that makes me feel better.

TO the point: How do I wean her properly from me?? I will be an 8-5er at first, then will be going to 3- 12 hour shifts a week. I am going to pump but how should I start her getting used to this now?? I have 14 days to get her used to this. HELP :) I plan on leaving her with my mother in law a little more each day, but I don't have a stash yet either. (this job was a little unexpected b/c its a nursing internship)

by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
squidsmommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:34 AM

She may not take a bottle from you because you're the feeding machine. Just leave her with your MIL more and more, when she's hungry she'll eat. Make sure the bottle nipples aren't working too fast. Make sure they're slow nipples. she'll be fine and so will you

FordMama
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:37 AM

Quoting squidsmommy:

She may not take a bottle from you because you're the feeding machine. Just leave her with your MIL more and more, when she's hungry she'll eat. Make sure the bottle nipples aren't working too fast. Make sure they're slow nipples. she'll be fine and so will you

Just to chime in, if the slow nipples are too fast, look for premie nipples to start out.

NicMomof1boy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Thanks. I think we'll be fine too but I just didn't know if there was a specific way to wean a baby to decrease any trauma. I have slow nipples of many varieties. She drinks most from the plain playtex drop in bottle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)