Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I get the hostess a gift???

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:07 AM
  • 10 Replies

My bf is throwing my baby "sprinkle"... with my first, it was an entire church that threw it, so all I did was send a thank you note to the church. But for this baby, my friend is the only one doing it. She also watches my DD for free when I have doctor's appointments, and drives me to my out of town ultrasounds every 4 weeks, all without asking for anything in return. 

So I'm thinking about getting her a gift to give her at the sprinkle... but I can't really think of anything that would be appropriate AND affordable for all that she's doing for me through this pregnancy. 

Help?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
canthaveboys1
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:10 AM

I think it is an awesome idea! What to get I am not sure.

dosthepost
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:19 AM

BUMP!

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Gift card for pedicure and manicure

If she has kids offer her a night of babysitting maybe even and overnight

lovinangels
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

^^^^^^^

teachmichele825
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:52 AM

I would invite her over to your house for a girls night. Have your DH take your kids for a couple of hours (maybe visit a friend/relative). Invite her over. Doll her up. Paint her nails, wash her hair. Rub her back. Serve her a nice meal. My girlfriends do this all the time for each other as a "thank you for being an awesome friend/mom"

heybooboo
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:54 AM

A dear friend of mine brought me a rose bush as a Thank You.  She knows I love roses, so it was the perfect gift.  

dosthepost
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:55 AM
Quoting lucky2Beeme:

This is a good idea, she is always getting her nails done... for the one who mentioned a "girls night", that's easier said than done. My husband MIGHT get one day off a month (besides Sundays, and we're always visiting family those days) and I need to spend some time with him on those nights :) She doesn't have kids or anything, and gets lots of time to herself.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 26, 2010 at 2:31 PM

A plant or a flower arrangement come to mine. or one of those fruit arrangements. But I'd give it to her in private and not at the party.  - just what I would do.

Bonnie
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:32 PM

I would keep it simple.. Maybe her favorite flowers or something?

Quoting canthaveboys1:

I think it is an awesome idea! What to get I am not sure.

dosthepost
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:35 PM
Quoting Bmat:

A plant or a flower arrangement come to mine. or one of those fruit arrangements. But I'd give it to her in private and not at the party.  - just what I would do.

Oh I wasn't planning on doing it in front of everyone, LOL. Just off to the side, after the party :) And she loves lillies... I might get her some lillies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)