Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a little help please

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:13 AM
  • 15 Replies

i might have a bug problem i told my landlord (i rent a two bed room apartment) if there are bugs here i have lived here for 3 1/2 months who would be responsible for getting rid of them? my 18 month old is getting these bites and i have never dealt with bugs before? also the apartment is only 3 years old.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jennypinfargo
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Have you seen the bugs? Do you have any pets? Could it be fleas?

okhsmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Check your lease agreement.  I'm a property owner and this is considered optional upkeep and is the responsibility of the renters in our leases.  No one has ever had bugs though so I don't know what to tell you for your situation.

Owl_Feather
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:22 AM

look at the lease! some say in writing the landlord is responsible for bug removal, some say it's he renters. doesnt hurt to ask the landlord though! what kind of bugs?

squidsmommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Where I am, bug infestation is reason for a renter to put rent into escrow, so I would say look into your tenants rights for your state, because here it would be landlords responsibility unless it's proven the bugs are from you (fleas, bed bugs)

chrisdoll
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:32 AM

As most have said, look at your lease.  But most apartments have people that come in spray....usually on a 3 month rotation.

bluebunbun
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:07 PM

thanks we dont have any pets and i haven't seen any bugs my friend saw a tick like but on my dd's plastic bed it wasn't a tick because it squished easily....im in newark nj does any one know? i cant seem to find it on the internet...

okhsmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Quoting bluebunbun:

thanks we dont have any pets and i haven't seen any bugs my friend saw a tick like but on my dd's plastic bed it wasn't a tick because it squished easily....im in newark nj does any one know? i cant seem to find it on the internet...

Don't you keep copies of all legal papers you sign?  If so, you should have a copy of your lease agreement and it will be spelled out there.  Good luck.

cleo1977
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:14 PM

hmm bed bugs....hmm i dont know where they come from or what ever but thats what it sounds like...you might have brought them in from some where else... or from the transpotation of the matresses they may have become infested...

bluebunbun
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:23 PM

sorry for not answering this it was the first place i looked of course i do it says nothing about bugs or pests

Quoting okhsmom:

Quoting bluebunbun:

Don't you keep copies of all legal papers you sign?  If so, you should have a copy of your lease agreement and it will be spelled out there.  Good luck.

bluebunbun
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:25 PM

bed bugs are real? i thought that was just a fairy tale type thing sleep tight dont let the bed bugs bite lol

Quoting cleo1977:

hmm bed bugs....hmm i dont know where they come from or what ever but thats what it sounds like...you might have brought them in from some where else... or from the transpotation of the matresses they may have become infested...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)