Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*piog* would you have been offended? complaint about free item... UPDATE! she just wrote me an email

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:15 PM
  • 120 Replies

she just wrote me: "no offense but it wasnt clean at all, but it is now.  lemme know if you want it back, have a great afternoon :)

I wrote to her: I will gladly take it back and give it to someone who will apprecate it was free.

I hit "send". do you think my reply was too rude? too late now lol

*fyi* she replied: "I bought you and your son lunch as my appreciaton, don't worry I won't "inconvenience you anymore"

she did buy me and my son some mcdonalds which was very nice, but still...this whole email drama strikes me as odd. I wrote to her:  "why not just keep the kitchen. I gave it to you so your kids could play with it. why would you want to give it back if you cleaned it to meet your standards?"

I recently posted an ad on freecycle for a free play kitchen. nothing special, just a one piece play kitchen I got for free, my son doesnt play with it anymore so I relisted it. My friend wrote me and told me she's tight on money and looking for one. Well  I gave it to her. She is a neat freak. I'm talking she-bleeds-lysol neat freak. She asked if I could sanitize the kitchen. I know how she is so I just bit my tongue and did it. I sanitized it and wiped it down real good. I met up with her and her kids the next day at the playground, and brought the kitchen along. Well she wrote me an email later that day: "perhaps we have different definitions of clean. I asked you to sanitize the kitchen and I saw many missed spots. I had to clean the rest myself.". I wrote her back, saying she is more than welcome to give it back since it isnt squeaky clean. I was offended by that email. The toy kitchen was free and I sanitized it for her. She never even thanked me. I saved her money and made her kids happy (her daughter was in the middle of a tantrum, she saw the kitchen and started laughing). Then she has the nerve to write me that she had to clean it herself because I dont know what "clean" means? I might not bleed lysol, but I do care about cleanliness especially when it comes to giving away/selling stuff.

The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the Earth

----Chief Seattle

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Kylie2708
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:17 PM

wow...that was rude of your "friend". You did a good thing, try not to let it get to you!

im23vaughn
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:18 PM

The audacity of some people! LOL

aquamarinemom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:19 PM

My feelings would have been hurt. You obviously bit your tongue and did her favor. She should have done the same and thanked you instead of trying shit on you and your cleaning skills.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2010 at 12:20 PM

That WAS rather rude of her.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our children that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

lynhun
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Yep.  I'd say your friend is rude.  I would have told her right quick like that she was lucky I cleaned it in the first place.  If it wasn't up to her standards then she should have cleaned it herself and kept her mouth shut.  UNGRATEFULLNESS!

MamaBear2cubs
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:21 PM

And that would be the last time I gave her anything.

Brianne036
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:21 PM
Very rude
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shellness
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Oh yes, that was extremely rude IMO. I'd have to tell her she was very rude to talk to you that way.

Owl_Feather
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Quoting im23vaughn:

The audacity of some people! LOL

I know! I was like what the hell! It's laughable because it's just so rude! So silly! I've gotten free stuff before, like childrens books, many of which had writing in it from the previous owner's kids...I was happy and didnt complain because the books were free ya know? the kitchen was given to me for free, i was all about that!

The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the Earth

----Chief Seattle

AimeeJenee
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

And that would be the last time I gave her anything.

for reals!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)