Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much would you pay, or sell these for?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:35 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am putting on a yard sale this weekend because we just moved in about a month ago and we had to down size because we lost two rooms and the bedrooms are slightly smaller. I am not sure how high or low to price certain items so I would like your opinion based on description because I do not have pictures nor can I get them on my computer anytime soon. OK, here are just some of the items I am stuck on.

I have an Evenflo infant car seat with base. Only 1 year old, not expired, print works for both boy and girl, never been in an accident, no rips or tears, no stains, only thing wrong with it is that it is missing the visor. I have no clue how much it was bought for because it was a gift.

I have a stroller that was given to me used as a temporary because it is not the greatest setup and seems like a cheapy kind. The back does adjust from a sitting up position to a laying down (only two settings), there is a storage bin underneath, folds up front ways but is hard to unlock it, it has a tray for baby, a visor and a foot rest. Also multi-gender. 

Non-baby items:

A few different prom dresses that I bought when I was in high school, about 6-8 years ago all for around $100 back then. Still in fashion.

A tall wooden brown dresser in great shape, probably about ten years old. Just a few scratches and a tad bit of paint splattered on in.

An antique bed side table the one large drawer and a shelf. Good condition, brown.

I think I can figure the rest out but if I get stuck again, I'll update you with more items. Any idea's would be awesome. Thank you.

P.S. I live in a resort town where yard sales are big on Memorial weekend so there is a lot of compatition. I want to make a good deal for both buyer and seller. We will also bargin as well.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BaileynMe
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:46 PM
  • 10-20 for the carseat
  • 10-20 for the stroller, depending on level of cheapness. Bear in mind ppl can buy a cheap umbrella stroller for around 10-15
  • 15-30 for prom dresses depending on style
  • Is the dresser solid wood? maybe 30-50 if so. If not, maybe 15-20
  • 30-50 for the table

Now, I'm a true bargain hunter, so those prices are what I would pay, but since I don't know what the items look like those prices may change. It's really up to you. I don't know what your items are actually WORTH, not having seen them, so I can't be 100% sure of what my offer would be.

Keep in mind too you could price higher than usual but post a clearly visible sign saying you're willing to take offers. That might get people who are willing to barter to talk you down on posted price, but also might leave you getting more money for the item than you expected. Also, if you notice a lot of people have stopped to look at the item, but haven't said anything to you about it and have just walked away, your price is too high.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

momofboys21
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:02 PM

these prices are good, are you sure about the baby stuff, i know i felt silly getting rid of some things when i got pregnant again.

Quoting BaileynMe:

• 10-20 for the carseat
  • 10-20 for the stroller, depending on level of cheapness. Bear in mind ppl can buy a cheap umbrella stroller for around 10-15
  • 30-50 for the table

Now, I'm a true bargain hunter, so those prices are what I would pay, but since I don't know what the items look like those prices may change. It's really up to you. I don't know what your items are actually WORTH, not having seen them, so I can't be 100% sure of what my offer would be.

Keep in mind too you could price higher than usual but post a clearly visible sign saying you're willing to take offers. That might get people who are willing to barter to talk you down on posted price, but also might leave you getting more money for the item than you expected. Also, if you notice a lot of people have stopped to look at the item, but haven't said anything to you about it and have just walked away, your price is too high.

ashwa
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Cool. Sounds fair! Thanks for the advice! I wish I could post pix so you can really tell. I'll try later on, maybe I can get my camera to work when I buy new batteries. They aren't totally fancy or anything, maybe just the prom dresses, but they are worth putting for sale for sure.

Quoting BaileynMe:

• 10-20 for the carseat
  • 30-50 for the table

ashwa
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Well, just those two baby things because we do want another baby pretty soon. My mother got me a brand new stroller/car seat combo just a couple months ago that is REALLY nice so I don't use the old ones anymore. When I do have another baby, I want to buy a stroller that fits two like my sister had. Her younger kid sat in the back where it lays down, and the older one sat up in the front seat. It was a nice setup. I'm not getting rid of anything that I would want to use for the next baby. I'm even saving all her clothes in case I have another girl.  

Quoting momofboys21:

these prices are good, are you sure about the baby stuff, i know i felt silly getting rid of some things when i got pregnant again.

Quoting BaileynMe:

• 10-20 for the carseat
  • 30-50 for the table

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)