Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Superstitions.... What do you believe?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:46 PM
  • 4 Replies

Wells here's a little background before I start. My father is from Cuba and my mother from Mexico. There not very superstitious buthey have a few things they really stick with and believe. Anyway here's what happened. Yesterday I got a call from the babysitter and sh told me that her and my son had taken out "PEPE" for a walk and that while my son (2 1/2) was holding the leash a truck swerved and ran over PEPE. She said they saw the truck and moved onto the grass to wait until the truck passed and she had my son move over a little farther so PEPE wasn't that far in the street. So the truck for god knows what reason swerved and hit the dog anyway and killed him.  Later I called my mom and she was told me something I had heard before from my dad when I was younger but never really thought about. In Spanish its " Lo que le va pasar al nino le pasa al perro" translated its what is going to happen to the child will happen to the dog. So what she was saying is the the truck was suppose to hit my son but instead the dog got hit for him.  I don't know if this is true I have never been superstitious before but  if my son hadn't been holding PEPE his sitter wouldn't have made him move over farther so he could have been hit. I don't know what do you think? What are some superstitions you have heard?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Owl_Feather
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:55 PM

poor lil dog! i'm happy your son is ok! how is the babysitter? wow that saying is pretty crazy, I mean since it is close to what happened. I cant realy think of any superstitions at this exact moment whch I believe, but i'm sure there are some.

LogansMommy0328
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:56 PM
If you spill salt you have to throw it over your shoulder (can't remember witch shoulder tho), if you find a penny on heads its good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1mom726
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:58 PM

The sitter is fine just upset because it was her dog she had him for 5 years. All she really wanted was for the person in the truck to stop and apologize or something but he just kept going.

Owl_Feather
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Quoting 1mom726:

The sitter is fine just upset because it was her dog she had him for 5 years. All she really wanted was for the person in the truck to stop and apologize or something but he just kept going.

that's terrible.

ok that got me thinking...I dont know if this is considered a "superstition", it's something all it's own: karma.

The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the Earth

----Chief Seattle

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)