Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stupid neighbor!!!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:46 PM
  • 8 Replies

i dont get it...   my dh talked my neighbors dh in iraq..... we squared things away with things that were going on.....she said she didnt like it because she thought i was looking at her.. fine i stayed away from the windows.             we told him we didnt like it that she and her stupid friends drive by and maliciously beep by my house......every thing was quiet. then it started all over again... the beeping,she is shining her high beams on me.. just stupid stuff....but we respected what her dh said calling from iraq and everything....... why cant she respect us in return......... we have been told to call his CO...... well i called the police and talked to them.. they said to log what was going on..... so i am......this has been going on way to long ... i need some advice.......this woman that is beeping works at the school and i feel like calling the school and tell them.....

by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
poshkat
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:49 PM

im sorry, i know excatly how you feel. document everything, and go to the police to have them write a statment, also call the school and tell them what kind of person they are letting their students be around. my upstairs neighbor is a crazy drunk and im not taking her crap anymore. everytime she decides to stomp i hit the ceiling with a broom, and if she doesnt stop i call the landlord and if it gets out of hand i call the cops. you have to be tough with people like that and not let them run all over you, or do nothing.

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Do you live on base? Do the other neighbors notice her beeping her horn?

If you just live in a city call the cops. Maybe she needs to have some type of mental medical intervention.

ETA: document everything. also take pictures or video if you can.

canthaveboys1
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:50 PM

So she is honking and flashing her lights at you?

I am sorry I am a little confused by this post.

jabs54
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 3:54 PM

I'm confused... this all started because the neighbor said you were looking at her???  I would let the police handle it.

FuzNet
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:57 PM

1.  I wouldn't go anyplace near her place of employeement unless you want to be sue or slapped with a harrassment charge. 

2.  Document everything, but i say don't react to it.  She does it because she gets a response.  If stops because its no fun any more great.  If she doesn't you still have your documented account to take back to the police.

Though I have to warn you there is very little the police can do, perhaps its best to try and de-escalate the situation.

cleo1977
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:58 PM

op---- we are not on a base but her dh is military...we thought  when her dh stepped in things would end because he usually talks to her and shuts her up... things have been quiet... its like every other week now....she doesnt work...its like if every thing is quiet she has to do something to get a rise out of me.. well that is getting very boring...this started ayr ago when her dd slapped my dd in the face and she wouldnt account for it...every sence that its been bull crap all the time...i think its because hes in a place in iraq that he cant get ahold of us or her... she is very disrespectful of him ....she doesnt live with him anyway she said it was unlegal separation which in the service accounts for desertion.. BUT SHE STILL GETS HIS BENNIES OF COURSE...

Bmat
by Barb on May. 26, 2010 at 5:04 PM

How about inviting her to stroll around the place with you, or to take the children to the park. It sounds as though she has too much time on her hands. I wonder if this can be de-escalated. If she will consent to go around with you, don't comment on your past problems. It may be that she is not able to be dealt with, unfortunately.

cleo1977
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:00 PM

op op---      good sugg. but i already tried it.. i sent her a nice card when her dh was deployed and said "do you want to talk"she said she will never talk to me again.ive sent both of the woman emails with white doves on them saying truce...nothing....ya she does have way to much time on her hands...like my dh says we just want a peaceful co- exinstince even if we cant be friends...i also sent the other woman a bereavement card when her grandmother passed ...nothing not a thank you .....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)