Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you always remember to slather it on?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:56 PM
  • 22 Replies

Even though it's best to use it year round, now is the time of the year when people are spending more time outside and therefore more time applying sunblock to their little ones and to themselves. Do you always remember to apply it to your kids before they go out to play? Do you use it on yourself when you're going to be outside for a long time? Do you remember to reapply? What's your favorite brand, and do you prefer lotion or spray?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heybooboo
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:57 PM

I always have the spray handy.  I usually spray them at each meal time, just in case we go outside on a spur of the moment.

canthaveboys1
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:57 PM

I prefer the spray for my older girls, and water babies for my youngest. For myself I use accelerator......

mamakenzi
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:59 PM

I am so white, I'm transparent so yes I remember sunblock.  I prefer the lotions I think you get better coverage that way.  I use Coppertone Water Babies SPF 70 for DD, and I usually use the Wal-Mart or Target SPF 50 for myself.

ieatfortwo
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:01 PM

i live in florida and i'm as pasty as they come. i ALWAYS slather it on my toddler and i when we go outside for any period of time. i also use the super high spfs! i use coppertone water babies spf 70. i dont like the sprays at all.

LilGina
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:02 PM

I just saw something on the news that said sunscreen with vitamin E in it is bad. It can PROMOTE skin cancer and most sunscreens have them in it you have toy specificity look for one that doesn't have it in the non active ingredients. The one I have from last year has it in it I checked so i will be buying a new bottle this year.

okhsmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:03 PM

I use Neutrogena SPF 55 on my face and arms every day.  I use the same for my dd when she is out.  My older kids use it too, but I don't follow them around to put it on them.  If we're at the pool or lake we use a waterproof product, usually with a high SPF.  I'm not so good about reapplying...

Bmat
by Barb on May. 26, 2010 at 4:03 PM

I prefer lotion, I'm not sure that spray covers as well.  I like Avon, but I've also been using nutragena.  Yes when I know we'll be outside I slather it on. I don't always remember to reapply, but if we get sweaty then I do.

shamillionaire
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:03 PM

I do not use sunblock on myself I use tanning oil. I do put it on my son.

-PB
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Banana boat baby tear free formula for my dd.

pixie_trix
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Absolutely. But I really try to avoid the sun as much as possible.. lol

When I was in my 20's. I ended up with a sever sunburn after a day by the river. I was in burn dressings from my ankles to me knees for a few weeks. It was horribly painful, and really disgusting after the swelling went down and entire layers of skin came off my legs.

Me and the sun....Yeah don't hang out too often.. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)