Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday food, I need ideas

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:50 PM
  • 7 Replies

I know it shouldn't be such a hard thing, but I'm just bored of the same foods. My DD turns 4 on June 7th. So far all I know I'm having is turkey burgers. Probably hot dogs too. I wanna make fresh fruit salad but don't have a recipe for something yummy to put on it, like I wanna make up a thin honey glaze to mix in it but the only recipe I know of has alcohol in it. We're having cupcakes, probably no ice cream.

What fun, fairly easy, non-traditional foods do you have for birthday parties?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
shoegirl01
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:53 PM

try allrecipes.com  bump!

And don't worry about the booze in the recipe.  LOTS of food has alcohol in it.  Its used as a base.  You will not get your DD drunk for the first time off fruit salad!  LOL!  Happy birthday to your DD!!

destineemommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:54 PM

try chicken tenders or chips and dip

HeartsLove
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Lol thanks

Quoting shoegirl01:

try allrecipes.com  bump!

And don't worry about the booze in the recipe.  LOTS of food has alcohol in it.  Its used as a base.  You will not get your DD drunk for the first time off fruit salad!  LOL!  Happy birthday to your DD!!

YuppyMom
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2010 at 7:02 PM

sushi platters

cheese and cracker, include Bri and Asiago...

Truffles and cake balls....

Beer breads and  various dips

shrimp and crab platters

Pasta dishes

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 8:36 PM

a really great fruit salad watermelon,mangos, canned pineapple chunks save the juice from pineapple.Cut up the fruit throw ina bowl add a couple of splashes of lime juice to pinapple juice.pour over the fruit.Set in fridge right before serving put some flake coconut on it.

kaylasmom22
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Im doing a BBQ for my DD this time. Her birthday is in Feb but my dad promised her a BBQ lol. We are doing mostly a family thing not many kids to invite yet. If u are having lots of kids I will say fun finger foods lol. 

ginger813
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:40 PM

My oldest DD is turning 5 June 3rd, and we're going to be having tacos, because it's her favorite meal. We had pizza for my youngest DD's b-day just a couple of weeks ago. (she turned 3)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)