Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cancer?! UPDATED!!!!!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:10 PM
  • 6 Replies

went to the dr and had ultrasound of my thyroid done. now i have to go have a biopsy of a 'mass' on it! theyre worried about cancer. anyone ever heard of cancer of the thyroid? i am blown away!

Finally got my results in. No Cancer!!! :) They found what they call Hashimoto's Thyroiditis which is an autoimmune disease. Won't find out much more until August! Thanx for all the prayers and good thoughts!!!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
HeartsLove
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Yeah I know a few people who had to have their thyroid removed due to cancer, and fortunately they never had another problem! Good luck

Allebas
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:15 PM

OH MY!! I'm sorry to hear this!! My friends boyfriend had a biopsy done on his thyroid and it came out benign--THANKFULLY!!! So-- HOPEFULLY,  your's IS  benign too!! Thyroid cancer is more rare than other types of cancer, but it does happen sometimes. Please keep us posted!! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!! Hang in there!! **HUGS!!**  

rpowers12
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:17 PM

I am sorry to hear this. Yes I have heard of cancer of the thyroid. But it could also be a mass from other things. Put it in Gods hands and keep us posted. May Gods will be with you.

melisawoosley
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:24 PM
Thank u everybody. I am praying for it to be benign. I guess my immaturity is showing but before yesterday I didnt even know my thyroid was something that could be removed! Silly right? I feel like I am aging quickly. I am 22 and i have already had 2 csections a complete hysterectomy and now am facing the thought that i may have a rare cancer with 2 small children! Sorry to vent...ugh! Will keep posted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytoangel407
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Have they mention possibility of a goiter?  I wish for the best.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 26, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I hope it is benign.  Please keep us updated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)