Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll: Do you prefer to live in the city, country or suburbs?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:37 PM
  • 36 Replies

Poll

Question: I prefer living in the . . .

Options:

city.

country.

suburbs.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 70

View Results

What's the best thing about living where you do?

readingI have four kids.  I've been married 22 years. My favorite color is purple. I hate coffee. I read a lot. I love to go to movies alone. Hot weather makes me crabby. 

by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytoangel407
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:38 PM

I love the country.  We have a huge yard.  We live on a highway but yet the traffic is not that bad because it is the country.  We are able to have a good many animals.  Once my little one gets older, she will have plenty of room to play.

lundaylove
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:45 PM

i dont want to be way out in the country, i have to be close enough to the city. cant stand the suburbs. we live in a kind of suburban area on the outskirts of town. its a lil too suburban for me just cuz of the really close neighbors but we have the best backyard out of everyone around us lol.

ginal966
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I Love living in the country!!!  I have lots of dogs and cats.  I love my peace and quiet.  I love the long walks I take with my kids.  I love to drink coffee early in the morning on the porch with my husband.

Peanutx3
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Love the Country although I am only about 5 minutes from town I still consider us country.  We live on a little island and it is so peaceful and the wildlife is great.  I love that at night we can sit outside and see the stars.

AMarineLovesMe
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:49 PM

I HATE the city, I don't even like to drive through it.  The suburbs annoy the crap out of me, like my dad says, I don't want to be able to use the toilet and shake my neighbors hand through the window in his house lol.  I just don't like a lot of neighbors or HOA's.  I love having lots of space between houses, any animal I want - right now we have 3 dogs and 3 goats, and soon we will have horses out here.

bellaamore
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:52 PM

I can walk around my yard naked if I wanted to.  On fact, Punk plays in in naked DAILY. LOL.

There is no one around, and this suits me.  There is so much water everywhere (most of my state is water)...it is just RIGHT.

Efry
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:53 PM

I kinda like all 3. Right now I live in the suburbs...but I have lived in the city and one day I want to retire in country.  Each one has its good points and bad.  I guess it depends on what you want in your life.  Age plays a large part....younger people live in the city...a young family lives in the suburbs and older folks that are ready for a quiet life want the country. You could have all three. Not at once of course LOL!

pixie_trix
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:58 PM

City.

Born & raised in  Portland Or.. Have lived here in downtown Portland most of my life, excluding when I was in the Peace Corps and  in college.

What do I love best about where I live.. Convenience.. lol   I love being able to walk out my door and walk to: clubs, museums, restaurants (of any flavor/nationality), malls, movies, parks...and everything else. 

I also love these things about my city: our Rose Gardens, our Japanese Garden, our parks and green spaces, that we are progressive and fairly liberal minded leaning city, Portland's knack for wackiness and weirdness (Keep Portland Weird!!!), the weather (though most hate it..lol), the diversity and openness to diversity that we have here, and one of the most important things in our city  Powell's Bookstore (lol)..

Brianav
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:59 PM
City
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnbjbeams444
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:00 PM

My dd has only 6 kids in her class. No sirens, no street lights. Its so peaceful. We havent locked our doors in 5 years. I wouldnt move back to the city if they paid me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)