Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Britax Frontier 85 Combination or Sunshine Radian Car seat for 16 month old????

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:57 PM
  • 7 Replies

I already have radian in husbands car and I love it but it is hard to pull strap down to tighten for me not husband.  Want this to be last car seat so what it to go up to 80 lbs.  I have a Nissan Pathfinder SUV and don't know what to chose.  Britax is 229 and Radian is 300$ but price isnt that big of deal if one is better.  HELP

by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lundaylove
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:58 PM

you cannot use the frontier until 2yrs old and 25lbs so i would get the radian for sure! and theres alot of deals you can get online for the radians

tazkitty
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:21 PM

He is 16 months old but 25lbs and 31 inches tall.  tazkitty

sallymoon
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:26 PM

The Frontier still cannot be used until a child is at least 2 years old.  It is a great seat, but it is not for babies.  If you are not sure if you want another Radian, there are still several other seats that would work well for your son.

Quoting tazkitty:

He is 16 months old but 25lbs and 31 inches tall.  tazkitty

Child Passenger Safety Technician

tazkitty
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:46 PM

bump

HereWeGoAgain9
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:52 PM

I bought the frontier (pink and rushmore) for my twins when they turned 3 - but they were also on the smaller side. we love them. they will be 5 in august and they still fit very comfortably in their seats. I use the britax boulevard in shannon print  for my 2 year old daughter....LOVE IT!!

tazkitty
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Can you offer websites with good deals?  if you are aware  of them.  Thanks

AmiJanell
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:19 PM

I think that if you got something like the Trufit it would be fine... most kids can't harness to the 80lb limit anyway... they get too tall or they get to an age where it's not necessary to harness (I think I was 13 when I hit 80lbs!)

We have a Radian XTSL and I find it hard to adjust too... we need another seat for my husbands car pretty soon and I'm am going to see if it can wait until September because new seats are supposed to come out with some higher limits I am told...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)