Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it safe tooooooo

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:07 AM
  • 6 Replies
Have and use window air conditioners? I have no idea...i mean ppl use them all the time but is it safe to use while a toddler is around? Yea i know the question is odd but i have never had one and my family uses central. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BaileynMe
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:09 AM

I think it's something you'll really have to watch. There's the off chance the toddler could push the unit out of the window and then crawl out themselves. There's also a chance of it falling on top of them. Those chances aren't high, but they'd be enough to concern me. Just  make sure it's properly installed and that the window is out of easy reach.

lovelyy504
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:12 AM
If its properly installed, they're fine. I have a toddler and used them in my home. Just make sure they don't budge, otherwise it could be dangerous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamakenzi
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:18 AM

I had window units growing up in my parents home, and I have one now, we never have had any problems.

Quoting lovelyy504:

If its properly installed, they're fine. I have a toddler and used them in my home. Just make sure they don't budge, otherwise it could be dangerous.

Kenzie

Check out my blog: http://macklanddiares.blogspot.com

Join us on Advice for Moms -- Group Mod

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:22 AM

I live where no one needs a freakin AC lol, so I never thought about it!

BaileynMe
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I live where no one needs a freakin AC lol, so I never thought about it!

Heh, we only NEED an AC for maybe 6-8 weeks of the year, so we don't have one either. We just open the doors and windows early in the morning and shut them before about 9 am, and the house stays fairly cool.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:11 AM

You can ancore them so they are not so dangerous. I'm sure you could make an easily removable ancor for them as well. We need AC starting in Early May and for us, they really do not do the job for the wholer house. They cool like one room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)