Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do over!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:11 AM
  • 11 Replies

If you could have a single do over, what would you do?

I'd be stricter about my eating habits after I had DD. I was down 12 lbs immediately after her birth, but baby blues and stress got to me and I gained another 20. Now I'm having a lot of difficulty getting it off.

What about you?

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:55 PM

In life?  Or in motherhood?

In life, I would have gone to a better college and gotten a RN degree.

In motherhood, I would have enjoyed the little moments more, knowing how quickly the kids grow up!

readingI have four kids.  I've been married 22 years. My favorite color is purple. I hate coffee. I read a lot. I love to go to movies alone. Hot weather makes me crabby. 

BabyDollMama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:58 PM

I wouldn't do anything over. Because then I wouldn't be who and where i am today.

RybugsMommy07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:58 PM

in life i would have waited just a little bit to have my son i was right out of hs so i didnt go to school i have an awesome job that pays really good but it would have been nice to go to college its hard trying to get back in a 23

cristina0709
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:01 PM

i would say my eating habit after having DS also. i was 150 before pregnancy, went u to 190, after having DS i dropped to 165, then within a month or two shot up to 200. now im stuck and its really bugging my motivation issues.

BaileynMe
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

In life?  Or in motherhood?

In life, I would have gone to a better college and gotten a RN degree.

In motherhood, I would have enjoyed the little moments more, knowing how quickly the kids grow up!

In either.

It doesn't have to be anything serious; quite frankly my do over deals with a part of myself I'd rather not have become, which is overweight. :-) I don't have any major decisions I'd do over.

Mom2Kylie2708
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:55 PM
Instead of giving in to DH wanting to move out of my moms and buying our pwn place, I should have rented. Were in debt like you wouldn't believe and BOTH got laid off!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karischub
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:02 PM

I would have built credit younger. It's sad when living within your means equals you can't get a mortgage...

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:14 PM

I'd put aside my upset with my MIL and make sure to visit her more often. Too late now. :(

BaileynMe
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Quoting karischub:

I would have built credit younger. It's sad when living within your means equals you can't get a mortgage...

I know how that feels. It was really difficult for us to get approved, and the limit we had was so low that we really, really were blessed to get the house we did.

Jaye677
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:18 PM

In my mind I can think of a million things, but in reality, I wouldn't change a thing.  Everything I've done, every mistake I've made, made me the person I am today. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)