Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Help Planning a Last Minute Party!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:50 AM
  • 4 Replies

So of course I have left this for the last minute.  I have been running a daycare out of my home for the last 10 years.  Tomorrow is my last day, I am closing my doors.  I planned an ice cream and pizza party for the kids, but some of these kids have been with me forever.  Now I want to do something more special...I thought about renting a bounce house (but it may be too hot 90 degrees tomorrow) or getting a clown.  Any ideas?  I want something they will always remember :)

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Bonnie
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:52 AM

That's going to be tough on 24 hours' notice. I'm not sure what advice to give you, but here's a bump. Good luck!

MeAndTheGirls..
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Have petting zoo anmimals come over, i think they will remember know matter what it is...Pizza ice cream...and sprinklers sound good to me..

25beengoodtome
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:22 AM

If the temp is  going to be high, in the 90's, I'd suggest a short pool for the kids to run & splash in. Bubbles maker toys, sponges, and a big blow-up beach ball for amusement. You can do a "simon says" game, or  "Ring around the rosey" with floating plastic flowers are picked up and put in a *fanny-pak*. Then when the get to the line,"We all fall down, they sit in the pool. Party favors could include sand pails & shovels, mini fishing poles, & those snoodles for water play.

*( another party - favor idea)*

Foods could include a watermellon basket/bowl, full of cold fresh fruits. Graham crackers, cellery with cream cheese. veggies with Ranch dressing. Pigs in a blanket - place those miniature sauges or hot dogs on a Pillsbury biscuit, wrap & bake. Mix up some ketchup , honey- mustard, BBQ sauce, or mayo for the kid's dipping sauces

~ Marie - ( 25's been good to me)! 

SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:44 AM

A sprinkler or a slip & slide if the temp is going to be that high! You could probably get a clown.

What are you going to do now? Are you going to another job? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)