Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you love/hate about being pregnant?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:17 AM
  • 28 Replies
Mine are:
Hate-the hip sciatic pain, the general discomfort of that last long month, having to wake up all night to pee and/or wetting myself when I sneeze, being tired alllllll the time, oh and itchy boobs.
But I love-knowing that my body is
doing something amazing, feeling the baby kick and knowing it's just me and her for a little while, Handling/putting away tiny clothes and getting ready for baby, getting maybe just a little bit of extra attention, and getting to eat ice cream guilt-free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dosthepost
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:19 AM

I hate everything about pregnancy besides the fact that it ends in a baby... It's sickening the first 3 months, tiring the next 3, and painful the last... It's stressful, and all I ever think about some days is "what if"... This will be my last time being pregnant.

lundaylove
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:19 AM

love- growing belly, baby kicking, ultrasounds
hate- hy
peremesis (i.e. morning sickness X a million=pure hell) Spd (basically joints seperating in pelvis region too soon, caused loads of pain) the weight i gain after being pregnant (cuz im wierd like that)

ya i dislike being pregnant very much..

Jenn8604
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:20 AM

When I was prego I loved to feel hayden move. It was so cool to sit and watch him move all over and look like Magog (Andromeda refernce) in my stomach. I love shopping for bitty baby clothes. I want another one. Now to get a guy.

kleigh24
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:24 AM

I loved feeling the baby move but I also hated it lol my dd would sleep all day then come 1am she would start kicking me so hard and she would end up kicking me til about 5am then finally stop. I never got any sleep while being pregnant with her and everything made me sick so I didnt get to pig out either but I loved my big pregnant belly. She was 2 oz shy of being 9 pds so I had a big big belly to show off.

nikkiJ86
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:26 AM

I loved feeling the baby move and not having a period for 9 months( really loved that one,lol).I hated everything else about it, especially the sickness and gaining weight.

WImom2
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:28 AM

I LOVE being pregnant, but I could go without the random peeing when I sneeze or cough. I have taken to wearing pads, so sad, so very sad. LOL

FordMama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:31 AM

I love not having a period for 10+ months and knowing that only us women can do something as special as growing a baby.  I also love feeling the baby move, especially later in pregnancy when you can see it move too.  And when the baby kicks my DH, that is too funny.  I hate the pain in my back and leaking boobs.  I also hate waiting 10 months to get to see the baby and cuddle the baby.  Oh, and I dread labor pain!

heidi749
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:32 AM

I actually loved feeling him move, I loved being able to sleep so much.I did not like morning sickness still want to know why they call it morning sickness because I was sick more in the evening then I was in the morning oh the YI sucked & so did the hemroide.. Now labour that was painfull & a bit scarry. I have a amazing little boy so it was all worth it. What I love about being a mom now is hearing- I love you mommy & watching all of his firsts. What I hate is having to clean pee up from around the toilet.

mollycat03
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:35 AM
These are so interesting to read! Sorry some of you mommas have had tough pregnancies. I guess you just have to keep your eyes on that light at the end of the tunnel. That's about where I am right now. 4 more weeks...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AirForceWife14
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:43 AM
Loved-baby kicking, no period for 9 months, DF always there to do/get whatever I need, etc.
Hated-getting the epidural, always having to pee, bad mood swings, baby kicking while I'm trying to sleep, hard to go to sleep, morning sickness, (I lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks)

Overall, I loved being pregnant, I wanna do it again, course, maybe I'll wait until DD starts potty training
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)