Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your name?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:26 AM
  • 40 Replies

My name is Marlena. I hate it.

What is your name? do you like it? Were you named after someone?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nikkiJ86
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:28 AM

My name is Nicole. It's okay. My middle name is Bernice, just like my mother's.

victorianmom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:28 AM

My name is Shari, and I like it(although when I was younger I didn't because of a song that was popular back in the 60's)

I am named after my mom's bestfriend

Bonnie
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:30 AM

I love your name. Were YOU named after someone? I was named after a doll. Yes, a doll. My Mom was given a "Bonnie (or Bonny) Braids" doll when she was five. Bonny Braids was Dick Tracy's daughter in the comic strip.

While I can't complain about my name, I'm not exactly keen on where it came from.

ETA: I guess I can't really say much. My daughter's name just came to mind and where I got it.... hahaha. Oh god....

SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Jami Jon

Jami-after Dad and Grandpa who first names were James

Jon-after Mom and Grandpa-who are Johnsie and John Wesley(called Wesley)

lundaylove
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:33 AM

im Stephanie but only my mother calls me that. To everyone else im Steph. Im named after my dad and his brothers, in order oldest to youngest, in the girl form... ya.. very original lol.

Brianav
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:33 AM
My name is Briana. I have always loved it and I wasn't named after anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AirForceWife14
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:34 AM
Alicia. I like it. If I was a boy I was gonna be named Tyler
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kleigh24
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Kira  and I hated it growing up cause no one could say it or spell it right but I love it now especially with my middle name which is Leigh. My mom actually got the name from the horrible movie Xanadu with Olivia newton john. My brother was like 3 at the time she was pregnant with me and he watched that movie every day so it kinda grew on her

canthaveboys1
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Quoting Bonnie:

I love your name. Were YOU named after someone? I was named after a doll. Yes, a doll. My Mom was given a "Bonnie (or Bonny) Braids" doll when she was five. Bonny Braids was Dick Tracy's daughter in the comic strip.

While I can't complain about my name, I'm not exactly keen on where it came from.

ETA: I guess I can't really say much. My daughter's name just came to mind and where I got it.... hahaha. Oh god....

I was named after Doctor Marlena Evans on Days of our Lives.

My mom is crazy, she named my sister after Billie on the same show.

bethw41580
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:36 AM

I'm Beth (not elizabeth or Bethany), this is my name on my birth certificate! My mom said she just liked the name. I will not even go into my middle name because I absolutely HATE IT,,,lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)