Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kidney Infection?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:36 AM
  • 5 Replies
I had my DD almost a month ago via c-section. Since then, when I pee, it's hurt my incision/scar. I thought it was normal at first, but I still double over when I pee and it's hurting. I also JUST started feeling pain in my kidney area and lower back. The pain in my kidney area went away slowly, but it felt it only on my right side.
I should also note that I have frequent headaches with nausea. I'm constantly tired, as is any woman when they have a baby, but I can't ever sleep. No matter how tired I am. I don't know if it's relevant, but in case it is, I wanted to add all that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AmandaAwesome
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:50 AM
bump?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:27 PM

I wish I could help you! Have you talked to you Doctor? I know there are some C-section groups on here too!

Gailll
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:14 PM

A c-section is major surgery. They usually lift the whole uterus out of your body and aren't gentle. Add to surgery recovery taking care of a new baby and it can take months to recover. They don't tell moms that about c-sections. 

If you have an infection you would probably have a fever. You should go back and see your doctor to be checked. 

I had gall bladder laproscopic surgery, no baby to take care of, no responsibilities (no husband, kids), and it took me over a month to start feeling better and sleeping well. It can take a long time. I hope you are feeling better soon. 

Hearts_n_Stars
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:17 PM

it almost sounds like a Kidney infection.. i have had enough to tell you so, but i don't know if some of these symptoms are caused by C Section... i am a tad unfamiliar with the process...

mdraper
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:18 PM
About a year and a half ago I had 3 back to back kidney infections , I ran I real high fever and I could not stand up straight it hurt so bad .. That was the worst pain I had ever felt in my life , I would def. go to the dr and have them check it out bc it will only get worse , best of luck to you !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)