Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is in the wrong?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:15 AM
  • 9 Replies

I am just looking for some advice to see who is in the wrong.

I will try and make this short lol

About 2 months before thanksgiving my BIL told my MIL that he was gonna party it up on thanksgiving......well then 1 month away my BIL's GF told him to tell his mom that there will be NO drinking on thanksgiving....well he never told her he said he forgot.  Well my MIL showed up at thanksgiving with a can of beer in hand....it was her first one and she didn't even open it yet....

But the GF got pissed off and went in her room and so on and never came out

now think this was in November they have a baby who was 4 months old

They are still not talking to her because she had brought the beer and they are not talking to us because we are talking to their mom.  We have no seen that baby since that day and now she is crawling and almost walking 

but the thing is they have all apologize but they keep telling their mom to F*ck off

And if it wasn't for the GF still being mad about all of it my BIL would be over it but she is still ranting about what  happened that day AND they will not come to me and my fiances wedding because she will be there

I am just wondering who is in the wrong......do they have a reason to totally ignore my MIL or do they just have a stick up their ass!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
squidsmommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Your BIL and his gf are definitely wrong. BIL told MIL that he was going to party on Thanksgiving and then gf said no drinking. Your MIL didn't get that message, so she assumed it was ok to drink. Does your BIL drink in the home with the gf there? They're being ridiculous and I wouldn't want people like that at my wedding.

gwebkeijmmm
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:22 AM
Why didn`t she want drinking there? Why was she SO STRONGLY against it.

If she wants to be pissy at someone it should be your BIL for not spreading the word.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AudrasMommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Agreed.  Plus, I'm also thinking that the gf is using this as a way to keep MIL at bay.  Like maybe there is something more wrong, but now she has an 'excuse' (not a very good one) to ignore MIL and push her out.

Quoting squidsmommy:

Your BIL and his gf are definitely wrong. BIL told MIL that he was going to party on Thanksgiving and then gf said no drinking. Your MIL didn't get that message, so she assumed it was ok to drink. Does your BIL drink in the home with the gf there? They're being ridiculous and I wouldn't want people like that at my wedding.

wilesmomma
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:24 AM

If the baby is only 4 months than she might be going through some PPD or something, unless she was like this before she got pregnant and is looking for ways to get rid of his family.

okhsmom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Is someone an alcoholic?  Is there more to the story?  If so, more info, please.

If not, your BIL is just giving away his power to GF.  She clearly has little going on in her life and spends way too much time trying to control and manipulate.  I don't think there is a right or wrong here.  Just go on about your business.  Invite over whomever you wish.  Enjoy who shows up.  Tell those who opt out that you'll miss them. 

LOVE_mygirls58
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:29 AM

MILK does drink but she is not an alcoholic...BIL and his GF do go out and drink as well and the GF was not like this at all...but my bf is not even allowed over there cause he played a prank on his brother and the gf flipped out but he was laughing about it? so yea it is all a crazy situation

shoegirl01
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:30 AM

I feel like there is a lot more to this story. 

silverdawn99
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:32 AM

well is there a reason she didnt want drinking at Thanksgiving? It was kind of rude to show up at a family dinner with a can of beer. I mean after the dinner i could understand but before the dinner?

LOVE_mygirls58
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:33 AM

there might be cause my MIL is nuts lol but you gotta love she is cannot remember anything and she is just way to funny...BUT she has done soo much for them..she has gave them a car when they were in need gave then a grand to stop her son from going to jail to pay a fine......but the GF hate their sister she hates my BF their other brother and their mom and she is not a fan of me......to me i think she just found a way to keep us all out of the picture

Quoting shoegirl01:

I feel like there is a lot more to this story. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)