Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you like you mom?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:53 AM
  • 15 Replies
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lundaylove
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:55 AM

not at all. she is just crazy.. not like bad crazy just total opposite of me. too many reasons to list.

jillbailey26
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Nope, not at all.

For one, I'm a SAHM and she always worked.  That's the major difference.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

squidsmommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:56 AM

YUP!!! She is very loving to the people she loves and people she doesn't like better watch out. I raise my children with the same love she showed us, she's full of patience, but stern when she needed to be. We make the same faces and our voices sound the same sometimes. We shut down when something pisses us off and then we're very short and curt. Verbally I can make someone feel about an inch tall, which is a gift she also has. I have cuddles in me that last all day and my family is my world.

momsndaughters
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Nope...because she has always told me i'm just like my dad....LOL!

Luvmylilmonkies
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:58 AM

I always say I am like her in the good ways, but not the bad. I am a very emotionally-driven individual. I am extremely loving and "lovey" to my children. But, I don't do drugs, I don't drink, I don't bring home random men, I try not to let life get me down, and I don't have a crappy outlook on most things. My mother was a wonderful person with a lot of things working against her and she eventually gave up. I have always vowed to not let that happen to me.

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Some yes and some no.  I think I am more open minded. I'm not nearly as good a cook.

wilesmomma
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:00 AM

No way in hell. My mom ditched me to take care of my younger sister while she went out and whored around. Of course I never saw my mother as my mom but more of a friend. There was never any mothering going on unless she wanted to make me life hell bcause she was unhappy.

tyfry7496
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:01 AM

NO NO NO!!! I do NOT scream at my son, I do not spank/hit first and ask later. I do not ignore my child. I talk with him, discuss feelings, what behaviors I feel are important and appropriate. We talk about sex, drugs, alcohol, peer pressure...whatever HE wants to talk about and what he needs to learn about. I am involved in my son's life...school, sports, friends. I WANTED my child, my mom should have never been a parent.

canthaveboys1
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Hell no! My mom is crazy, and not in a good way.......

heidi749
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Nope never want to be like her. She is selfish & only thinks of herself plus she is a little crazy & deffentliy not the good kind of crazy. My mom taught me exactly what kind of mom I do not want to be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)