Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Workout dilemma...

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:40 AM
  • 6 Replies

Ladies I need some serious motivation...I have had a gym membership for over a year now but I can't seem to go. I worked out everyday for like the first 3 months then nothing! They have a kids club there so it's not like finding a sitter is the problem! I just can't get motivated!!! I need a workout partner or two...it gets so boring sometimes! I really want to lost about 15 pounds but again I just don't feel like going! Ugh!!! What to do, what to do? Am I just being lazy? If I could make myself go from home to the gym it would be fine. Once I'm there I have no problem working out. It's the getting there that I can't seem to accomplish! 

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lundaylove
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:41 AM

im the same way when im alone. Do you have any friends or family that would go with you? As long as i have someone with me it makes things so much easier for me.

Cocomonster
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:43 AM
If I had the moolah to join a gym right now, I'd be there everyday!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I had trouble going until a friend commented that she likes how she feels the rest of the day when she works out in the morning. This made me realize that I do like the feeling that I have that I've done the workout and am healthier for it. So this is my motivation, that I feel that I have done something good for myself.

ChazznRoccosmom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Screw the friend Honey! All you have to do is tell yourself you're just gonna get in the car. If you can just get in the car, and drive to the parking lot, you'll have to work out. Get an MP3 and put some motivating music on it. Get some cute clothes to exercise in that you can't wait to wear. If you rely on a friend for motivation, you'll both be disappointed. Be your own backbone!

Mom                  Dad              Chazz (7y)         Rocco (4y)         Joey (20m) 

Breastfeeding, baby wearing, natural birthing, anti-abortion, SAHM who still loves her tattoos, piercings and hair dye

aetrom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:46 PM

I like something someone else told me. givign yourself consequeces for not going. ie. you are all about makeup? if you have a locker at the gym then keep your makeup there. ie. no access if you don't go. or something silly like that. something to motivate yourself to do it.

MovalMomsADMIN
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:47 PM

i cant work out at the gym.. i thought bout it and i cant have people watching me work out... aaah. i wold rather work out at home lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)