Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Detox and 30 day shred?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:44 AM
  • 2 Replies

I have been intrested in both of them, should i do them seperate or can i do them at the same time? I have the 30 day shred dvd.

Also what do you eat while dieting, i need some good foods, that my almost 3 year old and my almost 1 year old can eat to!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ChazznRoccosmom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Yes you can do them together. A detox is a great jump start. 

As for foods, stay away from processed foods (try to stick to 5 ingredients or less, and nothing you can't pronounce), keep your protein intake up (0.9g per lb of lean body mass for maintenance, more for growth), and stay away from simple carbs (anything white or sugary).

Eggs, lean meats (poultry, fish, etc), fat free and reduced fat dairy, and clean (no butter, sauce, etc) veggies are great foods.

And make sure you get your daily intake of water. Just drinking water alone will help you shed fat, stay energized, and look leaner. 

My husband and I both eat clean and our kids eat basically the same diet as us. Like last nights dinner, turkey burgers with fat free cheese on a whole grain bun with fat free mayo, and veggies.

Mom                  Dad              Chazz (7y)         Rocco (4y)         Joey (20m) 

Breastfeeding, baby wearing, natural birthing, anti-abortion, SAHM who still loves her tattoos, piercings and hair dye

ilovehimXX3
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:39 PM

thank you! what are some ways to cook chicken, also we love spagheti, and  i changed it up a bit, we now use whole grain pasta and a use turkey instead of ground beef, and i also put onion, zuccini and squash in it, and we will have a side salad. is that health yand a good diet meal, and of course just eat a little!
!

Quoting ChazznRoccosmom:

Yes you can do them together. A detox is a great jump start. 

As for foods, stay away from processed foods (try to stick to 5 ingredients or less, and nothing you can't pronounce), keep your protein intake up (0.9g per lb of lean body mass for maintenance, more for growth), and stay away from simple carbs (anything white or sugary).

Eggs, lean meats (poultry, fish, etc), fat free and reduced fat dairy, and clean (no butter, sauce, etc) veggies are great foods.

And make sure you get your daily intake of water. Just drinking water alone will help you shed fat, stay energized, and look leaner. 

My husband and I both eat clean and our kids eat basically the same diet as us. Like last nights dinner, turkey burgers with fat free cheese on a whole grain bun with fat free mayo, and veggies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)