Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mamas who love to camp! Help!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:54 PM
  • 11 Replies
My SO and I are going camping next weekend and we're taking our 10 mo old DD. We just bought a playpen/bassinett for her for camping, but what should i do for a blanket for her? I don't think they make infant sleeping bags but i don't want her to kick her blanket off in the night like she does at home :/ any ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shaynas_Mommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:01 PM

DD has been camping with us since she was 3 months old, and she never kicked a blanket off. If you're worried about it, just use a long blanket so it will be harder for her to do.

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:12 PM

There are sleep sacks for children up to age 2 or so. One of these would keep her covered.

paranoiacomplex
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:17 PM

use a bigger blanket than normal...maybe invest in a sleepsack?

mama2my3boys00
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:48 PM
Warm feet pjs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mynaturalbaby
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:07 PM

I use a sleep sack that's sized 0-2 and they make a 2-4 size as well.  Here's a clicky to their website. 

PS, if you enter code EARTHBSB you'll get 25% off their Cornflower and Fairy Rose colors.....  They're more expensive than poly or cotton but definitely worth it.  I've been using them on DS for almost a year and ours is fantastic!

Follow my journey into raising a baby using all natural products on my blog and on Twitter - mynaturalbaby.

wackymamma
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 8:31 AM

instead of a blanket just dress her considerably warmer than usually. we had to do that with our son because he hates blankets

countryspun
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 10:57 AM

A bigger blanket or a sleep sack. Have fun!!

CamdensMom12
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 10:59 AM

IT depends on how cold it gets. If it gets super cold i wouldnt take her. But if not, then a sleep sack and footie pjs should do just fine. Have fun!! :)

Quoting Bmat:

There are sleep sacks for children up to age 2 or so. One of these would keep her covered.

BabyDollMama
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Thanks mamas! I don't think the sleep sack will arrive in time, so i'm just bringing some warm PJs and a larger blanket than usual :)

2callmemom09
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:50 PM
We just put a blanket sleeper on our 3 year old (who's been camping since about 2 months old) and he has his blankie he's attached to, but kicks it off too. But you would be surprised my son who is not a cuddle bug snuggles right in between me and daddy and stays super warm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)