Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sand and water tables

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:15 PM
  • 26 Replies

do your kids have one? my son just got one the other day and it seems like more of a hassle then anything. his grandparents got it for him. i thought hed love it. they even got him blue sand to go with and he somewhat likes it but geez is it a mess. is there any easy way to clean it up? my son mixes the sand and water together and then hes covered in sticky sand lol i might just empty it and only fill it with water. ugh! lol

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MillieJ
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:17 PM

I don't have one but i always thought it'd be kind of fun for them...I think if I ever got one i'd keep it outside, that way you don't really need to clean IT up and you just need to give your son a bath...idk though...only water or only sand seems like it might be a better idea

college.mom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:17 PM

We have a water table for the daycare.  It is GREAT for learning and sensory.

canthaveboys1
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:20 PM

I wanted one, but I HATE sand. Now I am glad I read this before I got her one.  

Ljensen09
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:21 PM

i dont mind the sand, or the water but i think i shouldnt have put both of them in there. i should have filled both sides with just water. his hands and arms get full of sticky sand and it takes forever to get it off lol

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Sand and water together- this would make a sticky mess.  Either keep it inside or in the basement, is what I am thinking. Or make it only sand one week or month and only water the next.

JuneWestling
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:23 PM

My son does the same thing with is water/sand table. It is out side so I don't care. We just sweep the sand off in a corner and let it be. It is what he has fun doing outside so if he wants to mess with it and splash or mix whatever. Kids will be kids so might as well let em get dirty and make messes. 

MillieJ
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:23 PM

I really like this idea...alternating every week or so between sand and water...

Quoting Bmat:

Sand and water together- this would make a sticky mess.  Either keep it inside or in the basement, is what I am thinking. Or make it only sand one week or month and only water the next.

canthaveboys1
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Quoting Ljensen09:

i dont mind the sand, or the water but i think i shouldnt have put both of them in there. i should have filled both sides with just water. his hands and arms get full of sticky sand and it takes forever to get it off lol

ACK! I can only imagine! is he old enough to be sprayed off with a hose? lol! After the water and sand put him in the sprinkler. lol!

Angie211

We have one.  We tried having both the sand and water but my son kept mixing it.  Big mess.  We ended up taking out the water and it is all sand now.   My daughter wants the mud table.  Not gonna happen. 

sojourner.

I want to get a water table for my kids...I'm very anti-sand. :P Too much mess and hassle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)