Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with girls...

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:26 PM
  • 18 Replies

So it's that time of month and Kaitlyn has been asking lots of questions.

We are potty training so she always wants to come to the bathroom with me.

It's really funny actually she asked me if I pooped my pants when she saw my pantie liner....

Well what do you tell a 2 1/2 year old about your period and why you have to wear pads and tampons and what not.... I'm lost.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lace2180
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:27 PM

bump

mamakenzi
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:28 PM

I told my 2 1/2 year old that it's something that happens to big girls when they get older like mommy and mommy is ok.

canthaveboys1
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Mine never asked. However my 6 year old did ask one time why I was shoving a stick up my butt. (tampon) I thought I would die laughing.

sojourner.
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:30 PM

If she must come in with you, just tell her that it's a grown-up issue, and you'll tell her about it when she's older. I don't let my kids in the bathroom with me anyway, but if I let my daughter, that's what I'd tell her, and then drop the matter. It's not for little kids to talk about, imo.

oCyn
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:31 PM
She hasn't seen that yet, mine wouldn't understand
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kerijeanbean
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM

I told my 4 year old son who was in the stall with my at Walmart that it was a special diaper for mommies.  The lady in the stall next to me snickered.  When my son announced that he was a big boy and didn't wear diapers anymore the lady next to me started cracking up.  Go with special diapers for mommy and leave it at that.  She doesn't really need to know anymore than that. 

I don't let the kids in the bathroom with me at that time of the month.  We are beginning potty training.  My daughter is only 16 months old so we aren't working real hard on it.

Jaye677
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM
I could never keep my DD's out of the bathroom, so I'd tell them it's a mommy thing and we'll talk about it when she's older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blackbeauty28
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:41 PM

I go thru this everytime with my girs i just tell them that mommy is going through a natural process of life and it is o.k to ask questions so u can understand it later. but for a 2 yr. old i just shorten the sentence

-PB
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:43 PM

My DD is only 9 months and barely old enough to talk let alone ask that stuff but she does follow me (crawls) everywhere and I was just wondering the same thing. I think this one sounds good.  I would go with this...

Quoting mamakenzi:

I told my 2 1/2 year old that it's something that happens to big girls when they get older like mommy and mommy is ok.

FordMama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:45 PM

My mom always told me that it was to keep her "baby box" clean.  LOL!  I don't think I'll use that one.  I was so confused :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)