Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cloth diaper question PIOG

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:07 PM
  • 6 Replies

I was in teh group cloth diaper booties or whatever but left it for personal reasons. I ordered and recieved the cloth diapers I ordered. I thought they were the One Size covers, but they are One Size All in One. So my question is ... Can I use it as the One Size cover instead of the actual all in one? like put the prefold cloth on teh outside and not in the inside of the pocket? I'm testing them out on my 2 year old. But however could it work in reality>? Any suggestions?

pregnancy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:25 PM

It's an AIO diaper?

Why would you want to use it as a cover, when an AIO doesn't need a cover or a prefold etc.

What pocket are you talking about? Is it a pocket diaper, or an AIO?

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO and one on the way! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

ELFs_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:27 PM

If its an AIO, you shouldnt need to suff it with anything.  All In One means its got the waterproof part and the absorbent part all in one.  If its a pocket, then yes, you could lay a prefold on top instead of stuffing it.  Whatever you do though, do not put microfiber directly touchung baby skin, it will dry the skin out and cause rashes.

JuneWestling
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Sorry my typo it is a pocket! but ONE Size. So can I use it like just a cover so I don't have to put a new on each time?

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:53 PM

You might be able to if your child is not a heavy wetter, or they don't poop.

Pocket diapers have other materials inside. Usually cotton, fleece, bamboo etc. so you would have to make sure that stayed clean/dry in order to reuse it.

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO and one on the way! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

ELFs_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:55 PM
Sincie it's a pocket, you would have to change it ever time, you can't use them like a reusable cover, because the lining (the part that normally touches baby's skin) would get wet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JuneWestling
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:59 PM

ok so e-bay sucks! What other place sells cloth diaper covers for like $5 dollars a cover instead of $15? I have all the cloth inserts, prefolds i need I just need the covers that i can use one all day. I hate doing new things sometimes LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)