Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:14 PM
  • 7 Replies

So, I am single mom, trying to find a good man.  I recently ran into an old friend of mine that went to my old church. I always thought he was a very good looking, nice man.  However, at that time we were both married, so obviously i didnt tell him.  Well now we are both divorced, but its been a few years since we've talked or had any kind of interaction, because I left that church.  Well, I found him on facebook (go figure) and would really like to hang out w/him sometime and just see if anything might be there.  I invited him to my new church because he mentioned he was trying to find a different church that has more people his age, so I think he is coming this Sunday.  I just dont know how I would go about telling him that I'd like to hang out or whatever.  Any advice? I'm not really that great on asking guys out, especially guys that I already know!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BabyLillyAnn
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:16 PM

just ask him if he would like to go fro a coffee or something  to catch up :D

CLS_m2b
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:19 PM
Both have kids? Say "We should get the kids together sometime" or say I'd really like to hang out some time you should call me"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rogueflowrchld
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Start as friends? If he thinks your actively seeking a husband/daddy he could get scared off.

dhanshaw
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:24 PM

No he doesnt have kids. Should I wait until after he comes to church on Sunday, or should I just go ahead and say something. I just get really nervous!!! Ugh...I hate rejection lol.

kleigh24
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:26 PM

I have always been outgoing so i just always went for things I wanted so if it were me I would just come out and say it hey  I thought it would be fun if we hung out sometime  we have alot to catch up on and take it from there. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. so ask him before someone else does

BaileynMe
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Just take it a step at a time. Maybe you could go for lunch after church or something; don't rush into it just because you had some interest in the past.

NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:22 PM

I'd let him make the first move.

But I am incredibly old-fashioned. :)

readingI have four kids.  I've been married 22 years. My favorite color is purple. I hate coffee. I read a lot. I love to go to movies alone. Hot weather makes me crabby. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)