Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when did your kids start brushing their teeth and bathing themselves?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:38 PM
  • 4 Replies

just wondering when i should start encouraging.. my DD's three and i know she isn't old enough to bathe herself, though i wonder when she will be.. and i wonder if maybe she's about old enough to brush her teeth herself..

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Rhiannon1988
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:49 PM

BUMP!

SmallFrey87
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:08 PM

my DD has been brushing her own teeth since she was about 14 months old. we do brush hers at night so we make sure they are completely clean when she goes to bed though(she is 27 months now). The bath thing I have no idea since I still take baths with her.

NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:40 PM

My daughter was taking baths by herself (unsupervised) and brushing her teeth when she was 3. 

But my boys were older.

It really depends on the child, I think.

readingI have four kids.  I've been married 22 years. My favorite color is purple. I hate coffee. I read a lot. I love to go to movies alone. Hot weather makes me crabby. 

Faithsmomma
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:47 PM

My DD was about 4. I always "finished up".  So I'd let her get into the tub, with the door open so I could hear her, let her do her thing, and help her rinse her hair. I got the shampoo that is a pump so she learned that only 1 pump was needed. LOL there were a couple of times that there was so much soap in the tub we had to drain it just to get new water to rinse it all out... But hey, it was a learning process :)... She's now 5.5, and does a great job!! As far as teeth, She has always brushed her teeth, and then it's my turn... She does most of it on her own, but we got "tattle tabletts" (pink tabletts that you chew and it dyes the spots you miss) so now she comes to tell me she's done brushing does the tattle tablett finishes up, and I double check. (I gotta say, we just went to the Dentist and NO cavities, No extra plaque or build up, so again she's doing great...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)