Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to stop this in an 11 day old.

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:31 PM
  • 13 Replies
So as my headline says, my son is 11 days old. I'm not really sure what's wrong. He's constantly spitting up and he's so mucusy that half the time I'm afraid he's going to choke because he can't breathe. I'm really concerned and idk what to do...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bonnie
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:32 PM

You need to call the hospital where you delivered him. They should have given you a number for the nurses' hotline. Either that or your pediatrician.

okhsmom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:33 PM

When is his first checkup?  You might want to call the doc and just ask about this.  I bet you'll feel much better running it by him/her.

JADIEBUG
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Time to go to the Pedi. It could be Reflux or another issue.

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:37 PM

While you're calling the ped, I would put a bulb syringe down his throat, like they do when you deliver, to try to suck anything out.

Tiger420
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:38 PM
He has an appt today but I don't know what to ask the doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pita_Dragonfly
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Change  your  diet ( if  breast feeding) no  dairy  or  change  his  forumla to  Soy/rice/goat instead.

make  sure you do see the dr.

EthansMommy1120
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:39 PM

I would take him to seee his Pedi. Just to reassure you to know he is okay tooo, he probably just has a cold.

Bonnie
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Ask him the same thing you asked here.

Quoting Tiger420:

nothingbutgirls
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Dont ask... tell!

Tell your Dr EXACTLY what he is doing, describe what it looks like, how often he does it, how much he spits up, that he chokes on it.... tell the Dr EVERYTHING!

Quoting Tiger420:

Tiger420
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:42 PM
I haven't really had any dairy since my first semester because it made me so sick all I could do was curl up in bed and vomit over the side. I'm worries that the pedi might just say it's nothing and it turns out to be something all because I have no idea wht to ask about. I never had these problems with my first son. The only problem we ever had was he wouldn't latch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)