Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you wish you knew then that you know now?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:45 PM
  • 6 Replies

What do you wish you knew five years ago that you know now? 

readingI have four kids.  I've been married 22 years. My favorite color is purple. I hate coffee. I read a lot. I love to go to movies alone. Hot weather makes me crabby. 

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
S.Harris
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:50 PM

I wish I would've known how tough parenting really is, especially when you're young. I love my daughter, but if I knew what I know now, I would've waited. But now that she's here, I can't imagine life without her, it would way too quiet and probably more boring lol.

xoxo

Owl_Feather
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:52 PM

that no one, including myself  is invincible from the law. i dont know what I was thinking sometimes. I got away with things so i just went with the flow then finally it was my time to get caught. I deserved what I got, i learned my lesson and cleaned my life up :)

The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the Earth

----Chief Seattle

campomommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:52 PM

I wish i knew every thing i now know about natural pregnancy and childbirth :) its changing my life, as I plan to become a childbirth educator and open a natural preg/birth store/boutique :)

okhsmom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:24 PM

I wish I could have known in advance that my oldest would do alright getting through the rebellious teen years.  If I had, I would have eased up a bit.  She is such a lovely, smart, wonderful spark of light in this world.  I was so afraid that it would be snuffed out before she had a chance for the world to see.  She survived...I survived...Now?  She is blazing a trail of her own, like a shooting star.  She taught me so much.  I am such a better mom because of her.  Maybe I couldn't be where I am had we not all been through it, but if it could have been just a little easier with some of my now hind sight, I would take it.

kirstn007
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 3:14 PM
stay the hell away from my ex and run for the hills
kirstn007
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 3:16 PM

feel the same way

Quoting S.Harris:

I wish I would've known how tough parenting really is, especially when you're young. I love my daughter, but if I knew what I know now, I would've waited. But now that she's here, I can't imagine life without her, it would way too quiet and probably more boring lol.

xoxo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)