Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need fun free learning website to teach toddler his ABC's and numbers.

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:46 PM
  • 8 Replies

I think he might enjoy it.  Thank you. 

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lundaylove
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:49 PM

my 3.5yos love the fisherprice games on their site. you can just google fisher price online learning games and itll pop up

campomommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:54 PM

is the nick jr site free? we just use good old fashion flash cards :)

clari85
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:00 PM

I'm not sure of any websites, and preschool helped me out with teaching my boys how to recognize their numbers, but I do know that Flashcards and magnetic letters will do absolute wonders for teaching the alphabet...I promise!!  If you go over the flashcards at least once a day, I can almost  guarantee he'll learn them all in no more than a month.  Worked with both of my little ones =).

3gigglemonsters
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:02 PM

The website is not my primary tool.  Its just a treat for him.  I taught my now 8 dd how to read.  Im creative.  Thanks again.

I sort of made this up if anyone wants to use it.....cut fish templates out of cereal boxes, attach paper clip to fish, and label fish with numbers 1-10.  Use straw and ribbon and magnet for fishing rod.  Helps identify numbers.

campomommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Also, my ds1 is now 2y3m and he Loves the book Chick Chicka Boom Boom. his fav part is looking at the letters at the end. thanks to that book and flashcards he knows all his letters, just not in order/song yet :)

and for numbers, the old little golden books: counting book "one little puppy, a roly poly puppy, alone as he can be. isnt there a boy or girl who wants to play with me? two little wooly lambs..."

dosthepost
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:50 PM

The games on the fisherprice website are fun... my daughter learned her letters from refrigerator magnets. 

oCyn
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:51 PM
Pbskids.org it's amazing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deedee3849
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:08 PM

http://www.christianpreschoolprintables.com/

This may be a little too advanced but it's a good resource.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)